cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

Help IDing a MOPAR 57 manifold?

3 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteHorse-6

WhiteHorse-6
  • 3 posts

Posted January 8, 2013 at 02:42 pm

Hello,

My name is William and I live in beuatiful (rust free) Southern Arizona. A MOPAR friend of mine suggested asking you guys about my other friend's MOPAR intake manifold.  I am trying to identify the manifold's value and did not know where to go.  My friend just found (what he believes is) a 1957 dual quad hemi intake manifold. I'm trying to find a reasonable value for it. My friends are an older couple and not to interested in getting (paying for) internet. Proud to be "old school" as they say.  He believes it goes on a 426, but I'm no mechanic and since he is asking me to help him sell it, I'd like to make sure he gets a decent price. I have a 1965 Mustang I6 OHV hardtop. It's not a MOPAR, I know! Ha Ha Ha! I am learning about the 1st generation Mustangs and know nothing about MOPAR vehicles. However, I know how great it is to find the authentic correct part for your car, especially if it's rare, which this looks to be. With that in mind, can anyone direct me where I might be able to figure out a decent value for this? I tried to search for it on-line and did not have any luck. All I found on e-bay were similar, but not the same or reproductions. I don't know enough to know how similar is similar if you get my meaning.

Cast on the part:

5-6-57

DPCO     (this is in a sort of emblem with the "P" having a long stem, the "D" to it's left ans "C" and "O" below)

SCC

I don't know if this helps, so I will upload some pictures later tonight.

Thanks for your help!

William

#2 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 8, 2013 at 03:18 pm

I see it mentioned in Still out there's post # 67 in this link: http://www.jalopyjou...d.php?p=8195098

It mentions that 2 variations (a special racing cold or standard street heated floor style) of this #1733477 intake manifold were available.

With a build date of 5-6-57, it likely went into a late 1957 or a 1958 vehicle

#3 TWX

TWX

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

• Supporters
  • 8,871 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 8, 2013 at 09:25 pm

It wouldn't be a 426 Hemi with that date. The first Hemis were in the Firepower, Firedome, and Red Ram series in the fifties. The 426 Hemi is more closely related to the RB engines of the sixties.

#4 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • 11,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 8, 2013 at 09:29 pm

This would have been a 392 cu in Hemi in a 300 C or D.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.