Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

1963 dart or valiant?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Impala chuck

Impala chuck
  • 4 posts

Posted January 9, 2013 at 04:00 pm

I have a 1963 convertible. The title says it is a dodge. The body emblems say it is a valiant signet. It has horse head badges on the grill and trunk lid. I have never seen anything like it, and can't find any info. What kind of car is this? Thanks, Chuck

#2 peterjon1

peterjon1
  • 821 posts

Posted January 9, 2013 at 07:15 pm

I would like to see a picture of the car.

#3 Impala chuck

Impala chuck
  • 4 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 at 01:03 pm

Ok,  I am new to this site, and have not posted a picture.  I will try to get it done today or tomorrow.  Thanks for your interest.  I have looked everywhere I know to look, and I think this car must be a mid year, a prototype, or something.  The 1963 darts have a different grill.  This 220 signet convertible (That says valiant and has a dodge title) doesn't say dart anywhere on it.  So....anyway, thanks.  Chuck

Ok, I am new to this site, and have not posted a picture. I will try to get it done today or tomorrow. Thanks for your interest. I have looked everywhere I know to look, and I think this car must be a mid year, a prototype, or something. The 1963 darts have a different grill. This 220 signet convertible (That says valiant and has a dodge title) doesn't say dart anywhere on it. So....anyway, thanks. Chuck

Read more at: http://www.allpar.co...art-or-valiant/
Text copyright © Allpar, LLC, publishers of the massive Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and other Mopar site allpar.com

#4 peterjon1

peterjon1
  • 821 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 at 08:07 pm

I'm just wondering if it could maybe be a Canadian or even Mexican car? Like the Dodge Intrepids were Chrysler Intrepids in Canada.

#5 covertopps

covertopps
  • 85 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 at 08:34 pm

The car is whatever the VIN tag says it is. That is unless someone swapped tags.

#6 peterjon1

peterjon1
  • 821 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 at 08:40 pm

I'm pretty sure that someone swapped some parts around. If it were a Dodge, it would have the Fratzog emblems. No cars had the rams head ornamentation then.

#7 Impala chuck

Impala chuck
  • 4 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 at 05:17 pm

Here is a front pic of the Dart I am asking about.  It has the same horsehead on the trunk lid.  I haven't seen any emblems like this before. Title says it is a 1963 Dart. Hope to hear from someone about this car.dart2.jpgdart40.jpgdart11.jpg

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated car-related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2014 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.