cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

AN: VEBA demands Chrysler share registration - first step to IPO?

50 replies to this topic

#41 tryphon

tryphon
  • 851 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 08:03 am

Would you like to try and run a company after all the workers both active and retired have been stripped of their retirement medical benefits?

If VEBA signed an agreement, they should stick to it. Period.

#42 lvelleq (o)llllll(o)

lvelleq (o)llllll(o)
  • 754 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 10:30 am

If VEBA signed an agreement, they should stick to it. Period.

They did. They are. See post #35.

#43 tryphon

tryphon
  • 851 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 11:11 am

They did. They are. See post #35.

You are making New Chrysler liable for a contractual breech made by Old Chrysler....

One of us is not listening....

#44 Longtimejeep

Longtimejeep
  • 382 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 11:25 am

Don't bother Larry. He's right about one thing though, someone's "not listening".

#45 jazz77

jazz77
  • 250 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 11:52 am

You are making New Chrysler liable for a contractual breech made by Old Chrysler....

One of us is not listening....

I might be wrong but my understanding is that VEBA has a participation in Chrysler since the old Chrysler went bankrupt leaving unpaid debts to retired workers .

A formula was stated in the agreement with Fiat to compute the price of its shares in case Fiat would exercise its right to buy these shares.

There's a dispute on the interpretation of the formula, VEBA has the right to reject Fiat's interpretation and Fiat has the right to ask a court to force VEBA to accept its interpretation (in case Fiat's right of course).

Edited by jazz77, January 12, 2013 at 11:54 am.

• Dave and SouthPawXJ like this

#46 Dave

Dave

It's me, Dave

• Supporters
  • Others:Superfriend
  • 20,650 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 11:55 am

Actually, it was the bankruptcy judge who determined that bankruptcy did not eliminate the VEBA's interest in the assets of Chrysler as acquired by Fiat. Just like the shareholders in the old GM apparently got a tiny little bit of the new GM. Or, if you declare bankruptcy as a person, you still have to pay off your student loans (if I understand the law as rewritten maybe ten years ago). 

#47 tryphon

tryphon
  • 851 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I might be wrong but my understanding is that VEBA has a participation in Chrysler since the old Chrysler went bankrupt leaving unpaid debts to retired workers .

A formula was stated in the agreement with Fiat to compute the price of its shares in case Fiat would exercise its right to buy these shares.

There's a dispute on the interpretation of the formula, VEBA has the right to reject Fiat's interpretation and Fiat has the right to ask a court to force VEBA to accept its interpretation (in case Fiat's right of course).

We are in agreement on this. It's up to a judge to decide who is right.

Don't bother Larry. He's right about one thing though, someone's "not listening".

Constructive comment..... :scared:

#48 Longtimejeep

Longtimejeep
  • 382 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 02:23 pm

If you noticed, I used your words in quotations. If you feel those words aren't "constructive"....

#49 tryphon

tryphon
  • 851 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 02:28 pm

If you noticed, I used your words in quotations. If you feel those words aren't "constructive"....

"Don't bother Larry. He's right about one thing though...." this is the comment in that message.  :facepalm:

Peace!

#50 Dave

Dave

It's me, Dave

• Supporters
  • Others:Superfriend
  • 20,650 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 02:35 pm

Is it perhaps time to lock this thread? Everything useful that can be said, has been said. All that's left now is opinion.

#51 Longtimejeep

Longtimejeep
  • 382 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 at 02:50 pm

Peace.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.