cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel rail leak 92 Voyager 3.3 V6

2 replies to this topic

#1 ka9yhd

ka9yhd
  • 134 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 21, 2013 at 04:29 pm

I have a fuel leak on the fuel rail where the cross over tube connects to the end of the front fuel rail.

According to Chrysler this fuel rail was only used in 1991 and 1992 and is no longer available.  Part # 4554108AB

This vehicle is not covered under that fuel rail leak recall which started with 1996 and newer.

Am I stuck with replacing the fuel rail or is there a repair for this?

Sorry about the picture being on its side, I guess I need to hold the phone sideways instead of vertical :o

2lmuw48.jpg

#2 valiant67

valiant67

Rich, Corinthian Leather

• Supporters III
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 22,450 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 21, 2013 at 05:30 pm

Good luck.  I fought with this on my 1990 Imperial 3.3.  Someone else took the rail off their Imperial and soldered hose barbs onto the individual rails and used fuel injection rated hose to connect the two sides rather than the factory set up.  But that was years ago and they haven't been around much after the repairs to say how that held up.

#3 ka9yhd

ka9yhd
  • 134 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 22, 2013 at 01:03 am

The question is, how think is the tubing to solder or braze on some fittings to use EFI hose between the rail halves?  And I have looked into the size of hose needed to just clamp it on to the rails but they do not make EFI hose that big, only low pressure fuel hose.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.