cars

allpar, the Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep car and truck site

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dodge 100th Anniversary Editions:

56 replies to this topic

#41 UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL
  • 5,117 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 at 10:56 am

I'm really starting to like that color but it makes me wonder, where is the love for the SRT's? The R/T Challengers get Mopar Editions, Shakers, Anniversary Editions and all with new wheels, different interiors, etc......why nothing for the big dogs??? The R/T's have always looked better that SRT's in my opinion.

SRT isn't Dodge

#42 Mike V.

Mike V.

• 9,702 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 at 11:24 am

I'm really starting to like that color but it makes me wonder, where is the love for the SRT's? The R/T Challengers get Mopar Editions, Shakers, Anniversary Editions and all with new wheels, different interiors, etc......why nothing for the big dogs??? The R/T's have always looked better that SRT's in my opinion.

SRT isn't Dodge

Exactly. SRT Challengers and SRT Chargers are sold under their own brand. Any changes in colors, fabrics, stripes, etc will come from them.

The Dodge brand is clearly working hard to make the high volume Challengers more unique and desirable.

Mike

#43 Mopar392

Mopar392
  • 1,073 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 21, 2013 at 11:36 am

Beside Challenger SRT offered the Yellow Jacket, and Charger SRT offered 392 Edition..
It might not be as nicely packaged as Dodge Challenger and Charger...

#44 Whiter

Whiter
  • 138 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 at 01:13 pm

SRT isn't Dodge

its the same car...SRT or Dodge, my point is that they seem to offer more with the R/T's. How about a T/A hood or Shaker on the SRT Challenger?

#45 UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL
  • 5,117 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:20 pm

its the same car...SRT or Dodge, my point is that they seem to offer more with the R/T's. How about a T/A hood or Shaker on the SRT Challenger?

I assume the new 6.2 engine is nothing?

SRT looks after the SRT versions of the Dodge vehicles, not Dodge. Different budgets and P&Ls

#46 Mike V.

Mike V.

• 9,702 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:31 pm

You can order a T/A hood for the SRT thru Mopar Parts. No word on shaker availability.

While yes they are the same car, they are equipped differently and sold under two different brands.

Mike

#47 BigDaddySRT

BigDaddySRT
  • 150 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:42 pm

You can order a T/A hood for the SRT thru Mopar Parts. No word on shaker availability.

While yes they are the same car, they are equipped differently and sold under two different brands.

Mike

Wow!!!! People can hardly afford to put an SRT in their driveway.... and they want it to have more expensive options.

#48 Mike V.

Mike V.

• 9,702 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 at 02:56 pm

Wow!!!! People can hardly afford to put an SRT in their driveway.... and they want it to have more expensive options.

I agree with you, unfortunately the SRTs have become very very pricey. I remember when the SRT cost was just a small step above a loaded R/T. Now that small step has easily tripled.

Mike

#49 Whiter

Whiter
  • 138 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 at 03:28 pm

I assume the new 6.2 engine is nothing?

SRT looks after the SRT versions of the Dodge vehicles, not Dodge. Different budgets and P&Ls

Understood. I'm just saying that it would be nice to see some of the things you can get on the lower end version, put on the higher end version. It's all good...

#50 dfarc

dfarc
  • 781 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Have to wait for LA Challenger, 5 hoods!

#51 MoparJoe

MoparJoe
  • 1,175 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 at 11:09 pm

This is killing me... The shaker , lime green , stage 3 will be a killer ride for next summer..
But you know the upgraded 5.7 + 8 speed , new chassey will kill it ..+ led + 8.4"
What is a man supposed to do ???

#52 redriderbob

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!

• 1,192 posts

Posted November 23, 2013 at 02:27 am

This is killing me... The shaker , lime green , stage 3 will be a killer ride for next summer..
But you know the upgraded 5.7 + 8 speed , new chassey will kill it ..+ led + 8.4"

Wait till 2015 then lol.

#53 oh2o

oh2o

Hyperactive

• Others:Forum Leader
  • 2,386 posts

Posted November 23, 2013 at 05:23 am

But you know the upgraded 5.7 + 8 speed , new chassis will kill it ..+ led + 8.4"

+, +, +, the list is quite long. I would mark June 4th, 2014 down on your calendar, and call your dealer first thing that day place your order. The 2015 order banks for the Challenger will be flooded on that day. 

#54 MoparJoe

MoparJoe
  • 1,175 posts

Posted November 23, 2013 at 07:23 am

I won't be able to afford a hellcat, not next summer.
Just looking for a cool ride for 2014.
I've been flipping these cars every summer or 2 with very little loss due to employe purchase programs + bonus employe bucks + cash incentives from Dodge. I's almost like leasing ...
So it really comes down to this - 2014, sublime green , shaker , stage 3 or 2015 R/T 420 hp, 8 speed, new looks ...

#55 Mopar392

Mopar392
  • 1,073 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 23, 2013 at 09:40 am

Have to wait for LA Challenger, 5 hoods!

2 standards and 3 optionals??

#56 MoparJoe

MoparJoe
  • 1,175 posts

Posted November 23, 2013 at 10:03 am

Maybe the 6 banger get's it's own
R/T get's it's own
Classic get's it's own
SRT get's it's own

And a Shaker ?

#57 jimboy

jimboy
  • 428 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 23, 2013 at 10:47 am

Nope. Car builders, assisting Ransom Olds with the early curved dash Oldsmobile and then building 90% of every Ford until 1914.
Technically there never was a Dodge Brothers truck built by Dodge (Graham) and the first trucks badged as Dodges was under Chrysler.
Dodge did have a military presence early on, but Lt. Patton was using Dodge Touring cars, not Dodge Trucks, when he was hunting Pancho Villa.

Thanks to you and '55 P.. for correcting me on my incorrect ass-umptions!

thetruthaboutcars.com has a good article on the early Dodge Bros, which is surprisingly informative.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.