cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

adding satellite and gps to 2001 pt cruiser limited

4 replies to this topic

#1 icmaster9

icmaster9
  • 2 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 at 12:26 am

I have the 2001 limited edition and trying to modify it with a sat/gps radio unit model p56038629ad dated 3/2003.I need to know if a schematic and parts list is available(kit?)to do this.I'm trying to do this on the fly but I'm having trouble getting the proper cables and multiplexer.What I have is multiplexer 05059112ac,radio p56038629ad,cables 82208322,05066206aa,05064075ae sat receiver and gps ,sat antennas. I ordered these parts thinking they were correct but are not.Any help please.(to modify cables?)

#2 Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln

"CHECK FAULT CODES"

• Supporters (L2)
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 25,304 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 at 10:59 am

How much is all this costing you?  I have a Kenwood aftermarket radio in my cars and truck which is satellite-ready and has front-panel USB for playing music with flash drives or iPods.  It requires a satellite tuner, and also the Kenwood interface box.  Total of these and the satellite antenna was only about $70, and the radio was $139 including adapter harness.  The only thing my setup lacks is GPS; but I have a discrete unit for that.

#3 KOG

KOG

KOG

• 5,836 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 at 06:15 pm

I have NAV and Sirius in my 09. Let me repeat what Bob just said. The factory NAV is inferior and I keep a Garmin in the car. The radio is fine, but you can get an add on from Sirius for very little money, which is what we did with the wife's 92.

#4 icmaster9

icmaster9
  • 2 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 at 12:52 am

Thanks for the replies.Some things are not about the easy way out.Even if a car or upgrades could be a loser or more expensive trying to stick with the buliders installs is what some do.Remember the Pinto.What one now could be worth in good condition. ok I'm still waiting for some help still as I cannot get this to work. :facepalm:  

#5 ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown
  • Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 11,755 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 22, 2014 at 04:49 am

The 1st gen PT changed from PCI bus to 2nd gen CAN bus in 2006. Before and after likely will not work together. Is it the connector ends that are different or do they connect and won't communicate?

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.