Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Dodge Chrysler Mopar Parts Cross Reference

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 wes

wes
  • Inactive
  • 34 posts

Posted September 15, 2003 at 12:30 pm

Hello, anyone known of a web site w/ parts numbers listed or a cross reference available? I would like to buy some parts from an individual but they don't know if it will fit my Minivan. I have a small hairline crack behind the waterpump housing on my Timing Cover and w/ 186K miles it might be a good time to replace the chain and timing gears. Anyways part numbers are: 4897571AB Timng Cover, 4778707 Sprocket, 4740275 Timing Chain. Are parts are Chrysler Mopar Thanks for any links for information, Wes

#2 IndyMoparMan

IndyMoparMan
  • Inactive
  • 78 posts

Posted September 15, 2003 at 12:42 pm

Looking in our Motor's Manual, those are the correct (and updated) part numbers for the timing chain, cover and camshaft gear. Cover kit includes all new equal length bolts with gasket and seals. You'll need an oil pan gasket and pickup tube o ring and recommend P/N 4448158 chain snubber if yours doesn't have one or is worn out. Recommend either Napa or Felpro for pan gaske.

Good Luck,

Indy MM :)

#3 wes

wes
  • Inactive
  • 34 posts

Posted September 15, 2003 at 01:41 pm

Indy MM, Thanks for the part number and additional information. Any other recommended repaired or gaskets need to be replaced while the Timing Cover is off? It's a 1997 Grand Caravan 3.3L FWD. I've replaced the water pump, Alternator, Serpentine belt and Tensioner along w/ both CV joints over the past couple years. Even though it's got 186K on it, it's still a very good running motor and still gets 20 Mpg w/ original plugs and wires. Wes

#4 DragonDon

DragonDon
  • Inactive
  • 179 posts

Posted September 15, 2003 at 03:09 pm

I would say this may be of use but not sure. Geared mostly towards older Mopars but you could always fire off an e-mail to the owner of the site (cool guy BTW) and ask if he has any refrences on hand that is not listed in the database.

#5 IndyMoparMan

IndyMoparMan
  • Inactive
  • 78 posts

Posted September 15, 2003 at 06:31 pm

Original plugs & wires? Hmmmmm.... I would highly recommend replacement of those as well as removing the throttle body and cleaning the carbon out. An additive to the fuel tank to clean injectors AND clean carbon from the valves/pistons would also be good. We recommend Champion 3031 platinum plugs - BUT don't gap them. Running a gapper through them removes the platinum coating. Visual check to make sure the electrode ground is square to the center electrode. Also recommend Mopar plug wires 4797685. Easiest of all to install (exact length & they're numbered) and yours lasted this long, right? Good luck and change the oil regularly. We've seen this engine go 300,000 miles routinely if taken care of.

Indy Mopar Man

ps: References? Sure, click on www.hillsgarage.com - that's us. On the old Allpar board we were Mopar Man & Ms. Mopar Man. Haven't been around much lately 'cause ownership does have its draw backs. Check with KOG, he should remember us. BTW, KOG gives real good advice too. ;)

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated car-related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2014 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.