Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

- - - - -

1981 Dodge Aspen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted April 3, 2002 at 10:32 am

Hi, hope this is the right forum?::.. I'm from Norway and I have found a 1981 Dodge Aspen with the 3,7 Slanted Six, at a pretty fair price. Does anyone know anything in particular that i should check before I make the buy? Any experiences? Does anyone know how much fuel it consumes?

Thanks

Arne

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted April 3, 2002 at 12:19 pm

as far as i know, they discontinued the Aspen and Volare line in 1980. You probably have an '80. You can check easily by looking at your headlights, if they're rectangle then u have an '80 like me. If they're circlular, then u have a '76-'79.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted April 3, 2002 at 12:21 pm

whoops, sorry i didn't read about the part that u haven't bought it yet. 80's are cool, but a slant six, :frown: look for a 318 to swap in it, like my wagon. Mine came with a 318 4bbl :biggrin:

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted April 3, 2002 at 12:42 pm

Hmm... Is this a bullet proof way to identify its production year? Its a sedan... I could send you a pic or two if you'd like?

Arne

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted April 3, 2002 at 03:21 pm

sure send me a pic. Yeah, im almost positive they didn't make a 1981 aspen. My car's sticker says
Manufacture Date: 11/79
but its the 1980 Model and design.
check the sticker if u didn't already.
yeah here's a link to a pic of my car...
http://wickedwagon.freeservers.com/original.JPG --the front

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted April 3, 2002 at 05:15 pm

If it was manufactured outside of North America, it could be an 81. Some of the body styles get discontinued here but continued elsewhere, like South America. Any idea where it was made ?

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated car-related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2014 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.