cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

- - - - -

How To Disable Auto-power Locks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 bwiegan (converted)

bwiegan (converted)
  • Guests

Posted March 6, 2004 at 05:30 pm

1998 Plymouth Breeze. Anyone know how to disable the auto power lock feature on these cars? This is the most annoying "feature" I have ever encountered. The power locks auto lock as you reach a certain speed. There has to be a wire you can cut somewhere, or a fuse you can pull. Thanks in advance.

#2 Struts 'N' Stuff Auto

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto

Knowledge is Priceless

• Inactive
  • 2,499 posts

Posted March 6, 2004 at 07:52 pm

I am not sure, but look for a fuse in the fusebox Labelled "Auto Unlock". If there is such an animal, remove it and it will disable the auto lock, unlock feature which is very annoying.

In some vehicles, you actually have to program it out, and seeing as yours is a Multiplex system that Chrysler uses, you may not find a fuse. Check with your owners manual, and if all else fails, go to a Dealership and talk to them about it.

Let us know what you found out. :blink:

#3 bwiegan (converted)

bwiegan (converted)
  • Guests

Posted March 6, 2004 at 08:48 pm

Already checked the fuse box for something like that to no avail. Glad some one else thinks it's annoying. I'll go through the owner's manual and see what I can find. Anyone else knows the secret, let me know.

#4 bwiegan (converted)

bwiegan (converted)
  • Guests

Posted March 7, 2004 at 11:33 am

Strut's and Stuff was right. Owner's manual revealed this can be disabled. Just turn the key switch from off to on 4 times, then hit the power lock button down. Same thing to re-enable it. Chrysler does have some good ideas. Thanks!

#5 Struts 'N' Stuff Auto

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto

Knowledge is Priceless

• Inactive
  • 2,499 posts

Posted March 7, 2004 at 12:40 pm

It's not only Chrysler who gives the car owner the option to manually disable the "Auto Lock" Feature which was originally designed for more Driver piece of mind, when it comes to safety, GM had that option from the beginning but most didn't know about it.

Most people that have this feature on their Vehicle, "Hate it", as it can be very annoying at times, that's why I was amazed when all the Chrysler Tech's on this sight didn't post the disabling sequence faster then you can rub two sticks together.

:blink: :) :unsure:

#6 worzel_99

worzel_99
  • Inactive
  • 22 posts

Posted March 12, 2004 at 11:49 pm

Thanks guys, thats at least two of us that have managed to turn off that annoying door lock feature. :)

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.