cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

79 Volare Floor Pans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 74dartcustom

74dartcustom
  • 18 posts

Posted August 22, 2004 at 07:05 pm

Anybody know where i can get floor pans for a 79 volare?

#2 geraldg

geraldg
  • 1,975 posts

Posted August 22, 2004 at 07:31 pm

Anybody know where i can get floor pans for a 79 volare?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don't you just buy my 77 Volare with no rust and use yours for parts (just kidding ) but mine is totally rust free and it drives.

#3 valiant67

valiant67

Rich, Corinthian Leather

• Supporters III
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 22,482 posts

Posted August 23, 2004 at 04:56 am

I have not seen them reproduced yet, although it is possible they may be. A m-body sedan like a Fifth Avenue or Diplomat could be used as a donor, although if they are going into a coupe a sectioon of the rear pan needs to be removed due to the coupe's shorter wheelbase.

#4 lilredex

lilredex
  • Inactive
  • 74 posts

Posted August 23, 2004 at 07:28 pm

Why not make them? You probably don't need the whole thing and what you install needn't be one piece. Have fixed many Volare floors (and others) over the years and don't weld them in either in most cases. If it just a simple repair under the pedals, cut out the garbage and make a cardboard pattern to fit. Cut your patch piece about 3/4" larger all around so it sits on top. Fit it properly making the needed bends or offsets then punch holes about every inch around the edge. If no punch, drill holes from the backside and lay down in a bead of caulking and screw it down. If you drill from the top, the drill raises the metal and it will not sit down properly.............keep the mess on top. I use 18 Ga. 'cause that is what I have, 20 or even 22 Ga. will work just does not feel as sturdy under the feet. I have found it is a waste of time welding all that stuff in, unless that is something other than an every day driver you are fixing. But, sometimes there are places where only welding WIIL do. If you are starting out and intend to be a lifelong driveway mechanic, time to start making some of your tools. Sheet metal brakes are simple to build as are beaders etc. In the past I have made several lower quarter patch pieces for my Volares on a shop built 24" brake. Look at www.lindsaybks.com and www.lowbucktools.com for ideas.

#5 geraldg

geraldg
  • 1,975 posts

Posted August 23, 2004 at 08:15 pm

I guess living in arizona has spoiled me because rust is the last thing I worry about now bad interiors is another thing.

#6 lilredex

lilredex
  • Inactive
  • 74 posts

Posted August 24, 2004 at 08:20 am

Yes you guys had me drooling, as I spent some time visiting in Mesa last Feb. Saw a couple of SWB Utelines that I wouldn't have minded bringing back. Any good MOPAR junk yards around the Phoenix Area????? Plan to come better equipped on the next visit.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.