cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

91 Dodge Spirit Codes 12,13,37,55

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 kyle712

kyle712
  • 308 posts

Posted February 15, 2005 at 07:04 pm

i just picked up a 91 dodge spirit for $150cdn the car is in good shape no rust and lots of newer parts the problem with the car was the head gasket was gone so i replaced that and once i got it back together i hooked the battery back up and the check engine light came on after a minute
so i checked the codes and got 12 which is for battery (no big deal it was just disconnected)
code 13 (map sensor which i am sure is a vaccuum line since they are brittle and it does have a crack)i will replace the vaccuum lines in the next day or two
code 37 (not sure what that is anyone have an idea)
code 55(end of codes)
this has the 2.5 litre 4cyl. engine and automatic transmission
if anyone can help out with that could 37 that would be great
the check engine light was not on before the headgasket was replaced but the code 37 was there so the engine i am sure was set by the map sensor vaccum hoses

#2 alloro

alloro
  • 369 posts

Posted February 15, 2005 at 07:13 pm

Code 37 is a problem with the TC lockup circuit. The wiring or connector is shorted, open, or the lockup solenoid is bad.

http://www.autozone....23d800d5b25.gif

#3 John Wood

John Wood
  • 10,650 posts

Posted February 15, 2005 at 07:31 pm

Sometimes you just need to re-seat the connector next to the transmission dipstick. That is your lockup selenoid connector and a lot of crud accumulates there.

#4 kyle712

kyle712
  • 308 posts

Posted February 15, 2005 at 08:37 pm

Sometimes you just need to re-seat the connector next to the transmission dipstick.  That is your lockup selenoid connector and a lot of crud accumulates there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok i'll give that a try thanks

#5 rusto (converted)

rusto (converted)
  • Guests

Posted February 18, 2005 at 01:59 pm

Code 37 is a problem with the TC lockup circuit. The wiring or connector is shorted, open, or the lockup solenoid is bad.

http://www.autozone....23d800d5b25.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, I have a 1990 Dodge Spirit 2.5 auto trans. that is also showing (Code#37). Would this cause the car to stall out but then restart 10-20 minutes later ? iIF so where is it located ? Vehicle is also showing codes 13, 14, which seem to be related to the Map sensor. Would this cause vehicle stall ? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

#6 John Wood

John Wood
  • 10,650 posts

Posted February 18, 2005 at 02:15 pm

Hi,  I have a 1990 Dodge Spirit 2.5  auto trans.  that is also showing (Code#37).    Would this cause the car to stall out but then restart 10-20 minutes later ?  iIF so where is it located  ?  Vehicle is also showing codes 13, 14,  which seem to be related to the Map sensor.  Would this cause vehicle stall  ?  Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The codes 13 and 14 would more likely be the problem. Check the vacuum line and electrical connection going to the map sensor. If everything checks out there, replace the MAP sensor.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.