Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

"quick Connect" Fuel Lines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 95Spirit

95Spirit

PT Cruisin'

• Inactive
  • 6,811 posts

Posted April 27, 2005 at 04:18 pm

92 Shadow 2.5 TBI Auto.

One of these (right where the fuel filter connects to the fuel line) is leaking. I was going to replace it with some regular fuel injection and hose clamps. I can't get the sucker off! I would saw it off, but for obvious reasons, I'll pass on doing that. I sprayed massive amounts of WD-40 on it, and I'll let it sit.

it's at an angle where I can't hit it with a screwdriver and hammer :(

#2 John Wood

John Wood
  • 10,706 posts

Posted April 27, 2005 at 05:40 pm

If you are going to replace that short rubber flex section, why not just cut the rubber with a razor knife?

#3 95Spirit

95Spirit

PT Cruisin'

• Inactive
  • 6,811 posts

Posted April 27, 2005 at 06:08 pm

the crushed metal part that goes around the snapped and was leaking.

#4 John Wood

John Wood
  • 10,706 posts

Posted April 27, 2005 at 07:12 pm

the crushed metal part that goes around the  snapped and was leaking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sounds like it is leaking at the crimp if I understand correctly. There are 2 ways to handle that.

You can remove the quick connect assembly section and install a section of 5/16 inch SAE30R9 fuel line hose with solid band fuel line clamps (available at NAPA).
Or if you want to retain the quick connect setup, remove the quick connect assembly from both the filter and steel fuel line, cut the crimps (diagonally with a hax saw), and install a new section of SAE30R9 fuel line hose using solid band fuel line clamps in place of the crimps. This assumes your fittings are not leaking any place else.

Frankly, I would just do the first option and forget about the quick connect section. There is really not that much benefit unless you change the fuel filter quite often.

#5 95Spirit

95Spirit

PT Cruisin'

• Inactive
  • 6,811 posts

Posted April 27, 2005 at 08:19 pm

i'd rather just buy fuel injection hose instead of replacing the broken fitting. I'd like to get the broken fitting (quick connector) off because I don't like those. I wish I could just dremel the sucker off.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated car-related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2014 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.