cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Crossfire Engine Cover Removal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joemrx

Joemrx
  • Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted December 23, 2005 at 09:05 am

I recently bought a 2004 Crossfire. I went to check the air filters etc and found them under the engine cover but couldn't easily/readily figure out how the cover comes off. It looks like its snapped in or something. I couldn't find any scews etc. Can anybody help out there. I don't want to start prying and break something!
Thanks for any help!

#2 t2erns

t2erns
  • 1,416 posts

Posted December 23, 2005 at 08:14 pm

from fsm:
The air cleaner is held in place by two rubber grommets and two spring clips.

1. Remove the air inlet tubes
2. Lift the air cleaner housing from the rear first, then from the front and remove it

#3 Joemrx

Joemrx
  • Inactive
  • 2 posts

Posted December 24, 2005 at 02:46 pm

Thanks! Once you know the trick it was easy. The clips and rubber grommets are hard to see, especially when one of the back ones was bent over and not really attached. Appreciate your help.
Happy Holidays
Joe

#4 al sullivan

al sullivan
  • 1,662 posts

Posted December 25, 2005 at 04:49 pm

yeah and i like the way you can open the hood to 90 degrees!!

CHEERS.

Sully

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.