Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

- - - - -

Headlight Ajustment Up And Down

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 saxmann (converted)

saxmann (converted)
  • Guests

Posted April 19, 2006 at 01:16 am

I was reading about ajusting the headlights on my pt and it explains how for right and left but says nothing about up and down, 2 different books say the same thing. I cant find a ajustment screw for up and down,Anyone know??
Thanks

#2 enginejack2000

enginejack2000
  • 31 posts

Posted April 21, 2006 at 05:52 pm

[quote name='saxmann' date='Apr 19 2006, 02:16 AM' post='635844']
I was reading about ajusting the headlights on my pt ....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep, my Chilton manual mentions only left/right adjustment.
What is in the hole at the opposite end of the headlight? Could that be the up/down adjustment.

Jack

#3 DCX300C

DCX300C
  • 253 posts

Posted April 25, 2006 at 01:44 pm

I found the the hole on mine, but the screw is to tight to turn. You may just want to take it to the dealership! My PT is also kind of cross eyed right now, so if I can get the service department to fix it I will let you know.

#4 lightyear66 (converted)

lightyear66 (converted)
  • Guests

Posted November 26, 2009 at 09:33 am

I found the the hole on mine, but the screw is to tight to turn. You may just want to take it to the dealership! My PT is also kind of cross eyed right now, so if I can get the service department to fix it I will let you know.

Did anyone figure out how to adjust or aim the PT cruiser headlights up or down? There are two holes on the front of the headlight rubber seal, but it is not clear which of these holes (inboard or outboard) might have an adjustment for up down. Also, what tool should be inserted in the hole? philips screwdriver, torx, flathead, other? Any information would be appreciated.

#5 Croman (converted)

Croman (converted)
  • Guests

Posted December 31, 2009 at 11:28 am

Did anyone figure out how to adjust or aim the PT cruiser headlights up or down? There are two holes on the front of the headlight rubber seal, but it is not clear which of these holes (inboard or outboard) might have an adjustment for up down. Also, what tool should be inserted in the hole? philips screwdriver, torx, flathead, other? Any information would be appreciated.

For up and down it's the outboard hole and it's a torx.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated car-related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2014 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.