cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo
- - - - -

Shift Cable Grommet?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pharacon

Pharacon
  • Inactive
  • 1 posts

Posted November 16, 2006 at 02:32 am

Hello, i got a 01 PT manual and i was replacing the leads to my battery the other day and i noticed that one of the shifting cables was just hanging onto the transmission. of course being the super cool guy that i am i quickly busted out the duct tape and fixed her.. about 150 miles down the road it slips off again, so i take a trip down to home depot and purchase a washer with a 5/8 center hole and about 1/2 outer diameter, and a small coter's pin. i hope this will hold till i can find the part to fix.

Also i checked with dodge it seems they only sell the entire cable (60 bucks) when all i really need is the little rubber grommet that goes into the center of the cable loop and whatever cap holds it on.. anyone got any good places where i can pick this up? i live in southern cali so i'm thinking of a pick your part but i don't know of any that would have a PT :(

ah ha nevermind google does wonders

The 3 dollar solution!

#2 mean green

mean green
  • 247 posts

Posted November 16, 2006 at 03:26 am

Hello, i got a 01 PT manual and i was replacing the leads to my battery the other day and i noticed that one of the shifting cables was just hanging onto the transmission. of course being the super cool guy that i am i quickly busted out the duct tape and fixed her.. about 150 miles down the road it slips off again, so i take a trip down to home depot and purchase a washer with a 5/8 center hole and about 1/2 outer diameter, and a small coter's pin. i hope this will hold till i can find the part to fix.

Also i checked with dodge it seems they only sell the entire cable (60 bucks) when all i really need is the little rubber grommet that goes into the center of the cable loop and whatever cap holds it on.. anyone got any good places where i can pick this up? i live in southern cali so i'm thinking of a pick your part but i don't know of any that would have a PT :(

ah ha nevermind google does wonders
The 3 dollar solution!

You need booger bushings. Click on Booger Bushings on the left hand side of the page. They're $21.50 per set. There are for the two on the tranny and the two on the shifter. They are better than OEM bushings and will tighten up your shifting as well.

CLICK HERE

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.