cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

- - - - -

97 Grand Cherokee code P0351, anyone seen this?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 azshelbyz (converted)

azshelbyz (converted)
  • Guests

Posted January 15, 2007 at 11:16 pm

Has anyone ever had a P0351 before? I have a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 178K with a 4.0 engine. I get this code as a pending code and not a trouble code. The truck starts to misfire and then just stalls out. It stalls sometimes in a few miles and also I have gone 20+ miles before it gives up. It starts right up and sometimes gives me grief right after and sometimes not. I had two other guys tell me the same thing and I thought I could help them. They have replaced the igntion coil (I did too), and one even replaced the crank and camshaft position sensors. I unplugged the sensors and the engine does as the book explains: The engine remembers last firing point and keeps running until shut off. The check light comes on and everything, and nothing changes. One guy changed his battery wires and still had no change. This seems to me to be a common deal. Its like the coil is being shut off by something ( I think). My friend said it might be the ASD (automatic shut down) relay, and it made sense, but nothing changed. Does anyone know anything about this condition? t2erns???? Anything will help! Thank you very much!

Chris

#2 t2erns

t2erns
  • 1,416 posts

Posted January 16, 2007 at 02:15 am

p0351 ignition coil #1 primary circuit. the circuit refferred to is the ignition coil driver (ground) from the pcm. the ignition coil connector has 2 pins one is from the asd (DG/OR) you should get 12v at key on (will turn off after approx 2 sec). the other one is GY/WT which is the ignition coil driver (ground supplied by pcm which is more likely your problem). check that GY/WT wire for open or short from the igniton coil connector to pcm connector pin A7(connector disconnected from pcm). if the wire is okay then the pcm may not be supplying the controlled ground.

#3 azshelbyz (converted)

azshelbyz (converted)
  • Guests

Posted January 16, 2007 at 09:32 pm

Thank you again t2erns! Ill give it a shot and I hope the other two guys see this.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.