cars

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were an active member (more than two posts) or subscriber, you would not see this ad!

Register for a free account or Sign in (see top right of page for Facebook/Open ID login icons).

Photo

01 dodge 1500 conversion van

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 caraturbose

caraturbose
  • Inactive
  • 73 posts

Posted March 20, 2007 at 09:39 am

My 01 Dodge Ram 1500 Conv van, 318 motor w/ 32k miles. Door locks stopped working, replaced fuse and batterys in remote worked temporally then made humming noise in driver side door now they don't work but will lock unexpectedly. must unlock manually. Where should I go from here? Thanks in advance for your advice.

#2 TWX

TWX

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

• Supporters
  • Others:Forum Leader
  • 8,871 posts

Posted March 22, 2007 at 02:52 pm

I'd check where the wiring goes through into the door. Sounds like you have a short, which would also explain why you had a fuse problem.

Allpar

Home · Cars · Engines · Repairs · People
Tool and Car Reviews · News

Please read the terms of use and privacy policy. We are not affiliated with Chrysler Group, makers of cars, minivans, trucks, and Mopar (TM) parts. We make no guarantees regarding validity or applicability of information, opinions, or advice. Posts may be edited and used in other parts of allpar.com and affiliated Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc) car related sites. We have the right to remove or modify any message, and to ban or suspend any user without notice. Logos and site-specific information copyright © 2001-2013 Allpar LLC; Chrysler PR materials remain property of Chrysler Group.