1) right front wheel appears to wobble at low (<30 mph) speed, both slowing down and speeding up
2) steering wheel does NOT wobble/shimmy
3) no clicking noises from CV
4) vehicle tracks perfectly - no pulling left or right
5) wobble / shimmy would seem to appear when braking, indicating warped rotors, but continues if you take foot off of brakes, and continues when speeding back up.
6) wobble / shimmy apparently does occur on turns at low speed, both left and righ
7) absolutely no wobble or shimmy at highway speeds
8) having car in drive or neutral makes no difference
Surfing this forum and the web often points to a similar problem with the minivans and their inner CV joint, but that seems to apply to wobble on acceleration only. To date, I have not done any of the "simple" stuff such as rotating tires (bad tire), turning rotors (warped rotor), checking tie rods and ball joints, or front end alignment. I am getting a lot of things fixed at one time in the near future, because I will be changing the stock steel wheels for some original aluminum wheels, and then rotating tires and getting front end aligned. Just wanted to throw this out there to see if there are other things to look for. The thing that is strange to me is that the steering wheel does not wobble or shimmy at all when the car does. Thanks!
Edited by tonylewis, May 9, 2007 at 10:40 am.