Jim Choate turned up numerous new trademark applications by Chrysler, including some that show new directions.
- Torqueflite. The beloved transmission that combined rugged durability with efficiency, used by luxury European automakers as well as Chrysler, may lend its name to the new eight or nine speed automatics.
- Selec-Speed, a vehicle speed controller for off-road driving, is presumably meant for Jeeps.
- Skydome is presumably to be used for large sunroofs.
- Jeep Arctic is presumably to be a Wrangler model, but could be the name of the Liberty replacement.
- EcoVoyager is intended for a concept car; Voyager was the name of the Plymouth minivan, and is still used by Chrysler for its export vans (Chrysler and Lancia Voyager). A concept Chrysler crossover by this name was shown in 2008.
- Scamp, the Plymouth version of the Dart Swinger and an Omni-based pickup, has been registered for cars; it may be applied to the B-sized Fiat import, or to the new C-sized Avenger replacement. Our bet is on the B-sized import; but it could also be applied to a light pickup.
A possible new Viper badge was also shown:
Follow these topics: All Mopars