Based on tips from oh2o and other sources, Allpar made some predictions for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which has now been officially unveiled.
What we got right:
- New front fascia and tailgate, mildly modified interior
- The same engines with the new eight-speed automatic
- Better gas mileage and better acceleration on both V6 and Hemi
- “E-shifter” rather than Ram-like shift knob
- All models get LED daytime running lights and tail lamps.
One VM Motori diesel, named EcoDiesel (240 hp, 30 mpg)
- Similar towing (it went up just 200 lb, with the diesel)
- New grille
- UConnect Access (second generation) with both five and 8.4 inch touch screens
What we got wrong was fairly mild:
- Slight power boosts (4 hp for V6 and 5 hp for V8)
- “Possibly a stop-start system” — this did not happen
Overall, thanks to oh2o and other sources, this was a fine set of predictions.
Follow these topics: Chrysler Chat
Today, Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne implied that the odds were against the Toledo plant keeping Jeep Wrangler production, despite a recent land purchase and the city’s long history with Jeep in general and CJ and Wrangler in particular. He did say that, if Wrangler was to find a new home, new product would be moved to the plant: … if the economic [...]
Patrick Rall took the new 2015 Jeep Renegade off-road and on-road — in both cases, taking a standard AWD model as well as the Trailhawk, which has more ground clearance and skid plates. Though the venue, an off-road vehicle park and various city streets and highways, was chosen by Jeep, Mr. Rall was able to choose his route through the obstacles to get [...]
Rumors from Windsor suggested first that the current “RT” minivan body would continue for some years alongside the new “RU,” and then that it would be dropped as soon as the new designs came out — in Chrysler form only. Sergio Marchionne has thrown some fuel onto the speculative fire, commenting today in Detroit that: Where is Reid [Bigland]? If it [...]
Burns Motors has posted two videos of a Dodge Challenger Hellcat doing the quarter mile in 10.48 seconds. These stand in contrast to a video elsewhere which shows a $105,000 Tesla owner jumping the red light at the track to beat a Hellcat owner who was unused to the car, and struggled for traction through the run. The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT [...]