Based on tips from oh2o and other sources, Allpar made some predictions for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which has now been officially unveiled.
What we got right:
- New front fascia and tailgate, mildly modified interior
- The same engines with the new eight-speed automatic
- Better gas mileage and better acceleration on both V6 and Hemi
- “E-shifter” rather than Ram-like shift knob
- All models get LED daytime running lights and tail lamps.
One VM Motori diesel, named EcoDiesel (240 hp, 30 mpg)
- Similar towing (it went up just 200 lb, with the diesel)
- New grille
- UConnect Access (second generation) with both five and 8.4 inch touch screens
What we got wrong was fairly mild:
- Slight power boosts (4 hp for V6 and 5 hp for V8)
- “Possibly a stop-start system” — this did not happen
Overall, thanks to oh2o and other sources, this was a fine set of predictions.
David Friedman, deputy director of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, sent a two-page letter to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne expressing concerns about the Chrysler Group’s current efforts to repair 2002-2007 Jeep Libertys and 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokees covered under a voluntary fuel-tank recall. In its most recent report to the agency Chrysler said it has remedied approximately [...]
Months after unconfirmed reports made it to Allpar’s pages, the power of Automotive News, in the person of reporter Larry Vellequette, pried a key fact from Chrysler executives — that they cast and build “Ferrari” engines for Maserati. As our sister site pentastars.com reported, the engines are actually cast in Kokomo, and machined in the Trenton Engine plant, using a mixture of [...]
The 2015 Dodge Charger squad has been tested in police trim for the first time, but since it kept the five-speed automatic, it has turned in numbers similar to past years. While the eight-speed V6 Charger does 0-60 in 6.6 seconds, the five-speed was timed at 8.05 seconds by the Michigan State Police. The civilian 2015 Charger gained acceleration from the eight-speed, [...]