Based on tips from oh2o and other sources, Allpar made some predictions for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which has now been officially unveiled.
What we got right:
- New front fascia and tailgate, mildly modified interior
- The same engines with the new eight-speed automatic
- Better gas mileage and better acceleration on both V6 and Hemi
- “E-shifter” rather than Ram-like shift knob
- All models get LED daytime running lights and tail lamps.
One VM Motori diesel, named EcoDiesel (240 hp, 30 mpg)
- Similar towing (it went up just 200 lb, with the diesel)
- New grille
- UConnect Access (second generation) with both five and 8.4 inch touch screens
What we got wrong was fairly mild:
- Slight power boosts (4 hp for V6 and 5 hp for V8)
- “Possibly a stop-start system” — this did not happen
Overall, thanks to oh2o and other sources, this was a fine set of predictions.