Based on tips from oh2o and other sources, Allpar made some predictions for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which has now been officially unveiled.
What we got right:
- New front fascia and tailgate, mildly modified interior
- The same engines with the new eight-speed automatic
- Better gas mileage and better acceleration on both V6 and Hemi
- “E-shifter” rather than Ram-like shift knob
- All models get LED daytime running lights and tail lamps.
One VM Motori diesel, named EcoDiesel (240 hp, 30 mpg)
- Similar towing (it went up just 200 lb, with the diesel)
- New grille
- UConnect Access (second generation) with both five and 8.4 inch touch screens
What we got wrong was fairly mild:
- Slight power boosts (4 hp for V6 and 5 hp for V8)
- “Possibly a stop-start system” — this did not happen
Overall, thanks to oh2o and other sources, this was a fine set of predictions.
Long before the Challenger Hellcat was officially launched, Allpar noted that the engine — which we estimated at “620-680 horsepower” (depending on when the stories were written) — was being tested in the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Then we wrote that it had probably been ruled out, for various reasons. Today, one source wrote that the trademarked Trackhawk name, which we had thought [...]
Months after unconfirmed reports made it to Allpar’s pages, the power of Automotive News, in the person of reporter Larry Vellequette, pried a key fact from Chrysler executives — that they cast and build “Ferrari” engines for Maserati. As our sister site pentastars.com reported, the engines are actually cast in Kokomo, and machined in the Trenton Engine plant, using a mixture of [...]
Dodge is showing four concept cars at SEMA: a Dart, Charger, Challenger, and Viper ACR. You can now see them all at Allpar, courtesy of Patrick Rall — now with the story behind them. Coming soon: Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, and Fiat concepts. See all the Dodge concepts