1975 Dodge Ramcharger trucks
Dodge was still making commercial trucks in 1975.
Ramcharger – new features for 1975
In 1975, Dodge added a two wheel drive version of the Ramcharger for the first time (AD100), using rear wheel drive and an independent coil spring front suspension. Also new for 1975 was an instrument panel from the revised Dodge pickups; it allowed buyers to specify options including a clock, tachometer, or vacuum and voltmeter gauges. The new cluster included a special, glare-reducing hood. Map pockets were added to the premium door trim. A new Sno-Fiter snowplow option was also available on four wheel drive models; and new AM and AM/FM radios were available.
As in the past, the standard Ramcharger came with just a front seat, with an optional rear bench seat. The base model was rather bare-bones, with the SE adding numerous frills.
1975 was Dodge's second-best truck year so far; nearly 370,000 trucks were made, worldwide, including all models (not just Ramchargers).
New Ramcharger packages
For 1975, Dodge simplified ordering Ramcharger models for specific G.V.W. ratings by combining all required equipment into coded packages, avoiding the need to order springs, tires, etc. separately; though heavier duty versions of individual items could still be ordered separately. Equipment for snow removal was new for 1975 and grouped conveniently in the Sno-Fiter Package Code YC6 for 4-wheel-drive models. (6100 GVW was required.)
Full-time 4-wheel drive used a special differential in the transfer case which compensated for variations in speed between the front and rear axles, while constantly providing driving power to both axles. The vehicle was in 4-wheel drive at all times. The shift lever for the transfer case on 4-wheel-drive Ramcharger models gave a special low gear mode, and allowed front and rear axle lockup in both high and low ranges for off-road driving; both axles got equal power for maximum traction.
The wheelbase on AW100 and AD100 was 106 inches, with a length of 184.6 inches and width of 79.5 inches. Height was just over 72 inches for 4x4, just under 70 for RWD. Ground clearance was 7.27” at the front axle, 7.0” at the rear. Turning diameter was around 37 feet.
Features and such
Standard Ramcharger features included:
- Power brakes - disc front, drum rear.
- Bright aluminum grille and chromed bumpers.
- Comfortable bucket seat for the driver.
- 24-gallon capacity tank
- Non-adjustable, tilting bucket seat for front passenger .
- 3-passenger rear bench seat .
- Deluxe front bucket seats (part of the optional S.E. Package or separate).
- Unique beverage cooler in the floor console, included in the deluxe front bucket seat package and with the S.E. Package.
- Hardtop roof with inner and outer steel panels; or dealer-installed soft-top roof.
- Steel skid plates to protect the underside of the gasoline tank and (on AW100 models) the transfer case.
- Steel roll bar
- Automatic speed control
- 35-gallon refill capacity gasoline tank .
Ramcharger S.E. Package
- S.E. medallion on front fender.
- Bright tailgate nameplate, taillamp bezels, hubcaps, windshield moldings, and edge of fender and rear side panel at wheel opening moldings
- Wide body side molding with simulated wood-grained insert and black paint fill and .
- Simulated wood-grain on tailgate framed with bright, paint-filled moldings.
- Deluxe bucket front seats with lockable floor console including removable beverage chest.
- Padded right-side sun visor.
- Front floor carpeting (color-keyedwith optional hardtop roof).
- Bright door sill tread plates and door trim moldings, and bright trim around pedals.
- Polypropylene door trim panels with integral armrests-color-keyed.
- Map pockets on both doors.
- Side interior trim panels with simulated wood-grained inserts, bright moldings and color-keyed carpet on panels-for rear compartment with optional 3-passenger deluxe bench seat and hardtop roof.
- Bright instrument cluster face plate and panel trim molding with simulated wood-grained trim.
- Horn bar.
- Cigarette lighter.
- Convenience Package that includes 12" day/night interior rearview mirror, glove box lock, and light.
- Ashtray light.
- Inside hood release.
- Spare tire cover (Not available with 10-15L T-B tires).
The grille was made of heavy extruded aluminum, with bright chrome on the bumper. A Protection Package with door edge protectors, and bright rubber-faced front bumper guards was available. The liftgate had two pneumatic cylinders for automatic lift. Electronic ignition, standard, had no points or condenser to replace.