Dodge Challenger Car Accessories from Mopar
Some Mopar™ accessories for the 2008-2010 Dodge Challenger cars
- Ram air hood: Replacement aluminum hood features scoop that pays respect to Dodge heritage
- Challenger graphics packages: Heritage-inspired designs constructed of production-quality material
- Rear park distance sensors: Sensor technology sends ultrasonic waves at 40,000 times-per-second to detect obstacles behind Dodge Challenger and alert driver to objects
- Vehicle cover: Constructed of premium material with custom fit
- “T-grip’ automatic shift handle: Molded for an ergonomic fit. Features bright chrome finish and Mopar logo
- Bright pedal kit (automatic transmission): polished stainless steel, designed to fit production pedals
- Custom center stack and console: Replacement appliqués in Red and Blue
- Door sill kit: brushed stainless steel embossed with Dodge Challenger logo
- iPod integration kit, Garmin Nuvi Portable Navigation System, Premium mats
- Functional ram air-intake system: Creates ram air effect at speeds of 40-plus miles-per-hour by integrating hood and cold-air intake system
- Cold-air intake system: noticeable horsepower and torque gains by routing cool air through a directional cone filter into intake manifold
- Low-restriction air filter: Direct replacement for the factory-installed filter. Offers high-flow/low-restriction to improve throttle response, filtration and horsepower
- Rear-exit/low-restriction Cat-back Exhaust System: Features reflective sound cancellation (RSC) no-drone technology, 2.75-inch, 304L stainless steel mandrel bent tubing, stainless clamps and polished 4-inch pro-series exhaust. (304 is a stainless steel grade, moderately corrosion-resistant, like a high end kitchen sink. 304L is the low carbon variant that is weldable).
- Long-tube exhaust headers (automatic transmission only): Add estimated 14–17 horsepower gain
- Coil-over suspension kit: Allows up to 1.625-inch ride-height drop
- Stage I performance springs: Reduce ride height 1-inch for that low, custom look. For owners who desire a sporty yet comfortable ride
- Strut tower brace: Reduces body flex in the front end. Improves handling and drivability
- Forged crankshaft for 5.7-liter HEMI® and 6.1-liter HEMI: High-strength premium quality 4104 forged-steel crankshafts deliver outstanding performance gains
- 5.7-liter HEMI and 6.1-liter HEMI street camshafts: Designed, developed, dyno- and track-tested for increased power and rpm
- CNC-ported 5.7-liter HEMI and 6.1-liter HEMI cylinder heads: Bolt-on cylinder heads designed to optimize flow while maintaining optimum port velocity
- Performance gauges: Utilize reverse lighting technology to radiate intense, blue LED through the dial.
Popular Dodge Challenger accessories as of February 2010
On February 15, 2010, Pietro Gorlier, President and Chief Executive Officer - Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, wrote: “Mopar parts and accessories are specifically designed, engineered and quality-tested to further enhance the performance and appearance of our Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram vehicles. This results in Dodge Challenger owners spending more than $600 on Mopar accessories.” Following are Mopar’s best-selling accessories for Dodge Challenger:
- Door-Sill Guards: Mopar’s brushed stainless steel guards make scratches to the interior sills a thing of the past. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $140
- Vehicle Cover: Dodge Challenger owners may cover their prized possession with Mopar’s vehicle cover. Protection from ultraviolet rays, dirt and other pollutants is available with a washable cover that features a Dodge Challenger logo and elastic edges. MSRP: $323
- Chromed Fuel-Filler Door: A chromed custom fuel door complements Dodge Challenger’s exterior paint colors and provides the retro look of muscle cars from the past. MSRP: $176
- Rear Deck-Lid Spoiler: Mopar’s “go-wing” spoiler attracts additional attention for the owner who is looking for that enhanced heritage look. MSRP: $316
- Splash Guard Kits: Molded splash guards provide excellent protection for front fenders, rocker panels and rear fascias. MSRP: $52.75/pair
- Classic Mopar T/A hood: Available with an integrated scoop that adds to Dodge Challenger’s aggressive appearance. The scoop is matte black and may be painted to match any exterior. MSRP: $1,275
- Decal Kits: Mopar offers a variety of graphics that provide long-lasting appeal and are constructed of fade- and weather-resistant vinyl. Among the available choices are a full body-side beltline graphic in matte black or matte silver (MSRP: $190) or a custom strobe stripe beginning on the front of the vehicle and fading out midway through the door (MSRP: $182).
- Floor Mat Kit: A set of four dark-slate grey mats provide excellent protection for floor surfaces and feature a Dodge Challenger logo. MSRP: $82.25
- Hitch Receiver: Available for base and R/T models, the 1,000-pound tow-rated hitch has a 2-inch receiver opening. MSRP: $298
- Interior Trim Bezel: For the center stack bezel and console trim plate, has a carbon weave finish. MSRP: $172
On the performance side, Mopar continues to offer key engine and suspension components for any production Challenger. Following are a few of the most popular offerings:
- Cold-Air Intake Systems: Replaces the factory system for the 5.7-liter HEMI (MSRP: $371) or 6.1-liter HEMI (MSRP: $384) and allows cooler outside air into the engine for gains in horsepower and torque.
- Cat-Back Exhaust Systems: Deliver a throaty exhaust tone while providing improved horsepower and torque. Available for 5.7-liter HEMI (MSRP: $1,190) and 6.1-liter HEMI (MSRP: $1,745).
- Stage 2 Coilover Suspension Kit: Allows Dodge Challenger owners to lower the ride height of their vehicle for a low, custom look and a sporty ride. MSRP: $1,750
- Mopar Strut Tower Brace: Reduces body flex in the front end while improving handling. MSRP: $359
- Performance Brake Pads: Offer superior braking and pedal feel without brake fade at higher operating temperatures. MSRP: $74