AF: ‘63 Dart differences | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘63 Dart differences

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by 60jerry, Apr 24, 2019.

1. 60jerry

60jerry Member

Now and then I see listings for parts or info that excludes the ‘63. Seems odd to me and I wonder if there is a reason for this. Certain parts will be different: grilles, taillight lenses, heater control differences and others that don’t come to mind right now.
    Jerry in Denver

2. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

63 is the hardest one to find parts for.

Citation84 likes this.
  3. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Same with the 63 Valiant, Voiceofstl.

Could be because from 64-on a V8 was available and more popular in the aftermarket. Model year changes, under hood changes, structural changes to accommodate a V8 etc.

IIRC, the 60 Valiant suspension is a one year design. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I have purchased parts over the years for my Valiant [64, 65] I thought would be just fine and......NOT.

4. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

60-62 Dart was a full-size car. 63 was the first compact Dart. Depending on production numbers, and how different it was from 64 and later, parts could be especially rare for that year.

5. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

The Valiant equivalent in 61 & 62 was the Dodge Lancer.