AF: '03 300m - overhead console doesn't display real-time MPG ? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'03 300m - overhead console doesn't display real-time MPG ?

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by MoPar~Man, Oct 17, 2020 at 7:30 PM.

1. MoPar~Man

MoPar~Man Active Member

First thing I noticed about my "new" 2003 300m - I couldn't get the overhead console to display real-time MPG. It displays Avg MPG (like my '00 does) but I kept scrolling through the display and didn't see a real-time MPG display. What's up with that?

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Not sure when, but they did stop showing instantaneous MPG in the display. So it’s possible it’s not there.

Bob Lincoln, Doug D and ImperialCrown like this.
  3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

The last vehicle I had that displayed instantaneous mpg was a 2000 T&C Ltd. Valiant is correct. It was removed in subsequent model years though I'm not quite sure when.

4. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The newer 200 and 300 have both instantaneous and average mpg displayed in the instrument cluster on a graph. I can imagine that some owners may have become obsessed and nit-picky with instantaneous MPG readings, so automakers reverted to average MPG readings which are more accurate.
    The instant reading is the arch. The average reading is the number displayed.

[​IMG]

5. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

Not all EVIC have the instant MPG. Find one on eBay, I'd suggest. I have an EVIC with instant MPG in my 99 (I replaced the OTIS with it).
    The EVIC is the nicer one on 01+, the OTIS is the 99-00 one.

Find one without TPMS unless you have TPMS though.

6. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

If you're obsessed with MPG, you might try an UltraGauge. It hooks up to the OBD port and if supported by the vehicle, it can give you instant and average MPG.

[​IMG]

I have one on my PT not so much for the MPG, but it has a number of engine parameters that it constantly monitors. It can give real-time alarm alerts and one that I have set it the engine temp and it has saved me a couple of times when the cooling fan quit running like it should, and had to be replaced. The UltraGauge tripped an alarm, and the check engine light never came on. Had I not had the UG, but waited for the CEL, there most certainly would have been serious engine damage.

They now have a wireless module that can sync with your smart phone.

UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool and Information Center (at http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ )