AF: '03 300m - overhead console doesn't display real-time MPG ? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'03 300m - overhead console doesn't display real-time MPG ?

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by MoPar~Man, Oct 17, 2020 at 7:30 PM.

1. MoPar~Man

MoPar~Man Active Member

First thing I noticed about my "new" 2003 300m - I couldn't get the overhead console to display real-time MPG. It displays Avg MPG (like my '00 does) but I kept scrolling through the display and didn't see a real-time MPG display. What's up with that?

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Not sure when, but they did stop showing instantaneous MPG in the display. So it’s possible it’s not there.

Doug D and ImperialCrown like this.
  3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

The last vehicle I had that displayed instantaneous mpg was a 2000 T&C Ltd. Valiant is correct. It was removed in subsequent model years though I'm not quite sure when.

4. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The newer 200 and 300 have both instantaneous and average mpg displayed in the instrument cluster on a graph. I can imagine that some owners may have become obsessed and nit-picky with instantaneous MPG readings, so automakers reverted to average MPG readings which are more accurate.
    The instant reading is the arch. The average reading is the number displayed.

[​IMG]