AF: 05 Magnum AWD | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

05 Magnum AWD

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by the3dgm, Sep 5, 2020.

1. the3dgm

the3dgm Active Member

I'd been looking for a Magnum for a long time and finally picked up a 2005 AWD R/T. The only one I found with less the 175,000 miles, actually runs, and it runs well, has a nice smooth ride and is not rusted out. The bad: the young man that had it decided to go 'gangsta' and black dipped the wheels and grill and he was no painter! I've already found out, despite what rim manufactures say, there are no 18 or 19 inch chrome aftermarket rims that will come close to fitting the AWD's. My tire guys say 22-inch rims will work, but, I have no interest in the 'Clown' car look.

Any ideas?

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Just look for take offs from any AWD Charger, Magnum, Challenger, or 300. Should be able to find 18” or 19” sizes.

DC-93 and the3dgm like this.
  3. the3dgm

the3dgm Active Member

Thanks. . . I may have found a set of rims, Verde's, that are suppose to work and don't cost $5000.00 a set like American Racing!

4. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

Check lxforums.com - Used to be plenty of people selling them. Make a wanted post in the parts section if you can't find them.

DC-93 and the3dgm like this.
  5. the3dgm

the3dgm Active Member

Thanks for the information. . . will do!

6. the3dgm

the3dgm Active Member

Tomguy. . . I wonder if you'd do me a favor? I joined lxforums, thank you, but they for some reason don't allow people to participate in the forums even if they are members, at least for an undetermined amount of time. So what I would wonder if you would be good enough to contact a member who calls himself Art-Tistic that got some Vision Legend 5's to work on his awd Magnum. I know he had to go with 20-inch wheels, but he doesn't say width, offset, 115 or 114.3, etc. and I need all the information. If you could see if the guy is still around I;ll p.m. you my email to give to him if you don't want to get all that stuff yourself. Thanks!

7. the3dgm

the3dgm Active Member

Tomguy, oddly, I'm not allowed to post to the forum, but, I can send p.m.'s to members and Art-Tastic's last post was last month. So here's hoping!

8. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

9. the3dgm

the3dgm Active Member

Newbie Check-in: