Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'08 Sebring Touring

Discussion in '200, Avenger/Sebring, Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze' started by wheelsport, Jun 25, 2017.

1. wheelsport

wheelsport Member

I recently purchased an '08 Sebring Touring convertible. Fortunately there are only several minor problems. The first one is the latch that allows the seat to tilt forward on entry doesn't work. Evidently a link rod has become disconnected. The other has to do with the folding top and the tonneau. When the tonneau closes completely there is a small cover on both sides of the car that slides into place to finish covering the top mechanism which doesn't work. I have been attempting to locate a service manual for this car but have been successful. Is this manual available?

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

This is a folding hardtop convertible? The seat cover material will have to be unfastened from the seat frame in order to get to the seatback release mechanism. I believe that there is a cable from the handle to the latch. This is best with the seat removed from the vehicle.
    There were some folding hardtop module software improvements that fixed many top unfurling/stowage issues. Make sure that yours is at the latest revision.
    There is a service manual on oskin.ru that isn't indexed or page numbered that makes it hard to use. The figures are numbered. You may find parts of it useful:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Service Manuals/2007_JS_Sebring_Stratus/
    The factory service information should be available from the authorized Chrysler 'Tech Authority' website:
    Buy Mopar Approved Service Information (at https://www.techauthority.com )
    The factory service manual is much easier to use than the free oskin manual.

3. wheelsport

wheelsport Member

Thanks for the reply Imp,

Yes, the car has the folding top but it is a soft top. The '08 is different from the '07's and earlier. I couldn't locate any info for the '08 on the Oskin site. Mopar wants $134 which is a little stiff.

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

I agree that the price seems steep, but try to consider that a factory service manual may pay for itself when used for the first time. I also try to think of it as a must-have 'tool' cost.
    $134 is just a little more than an hour's labor at a dealer service dept.

I found a Chrysler TSB # 23-043-07 that addresses a 'sticking' seat back 'dump' latch. It involves 'burnishing' the latch.

There was a recall G29 for convertible top malfunctions for early production (August 07). See if yours is/was eligible:
    I found this helpful answer from a chrysler mechanic on JustAnswer.com (at http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/3kkaq-chrysler-sebring-2008-convertable-i-tryed-put.html )