AF: 1-Owner 2001 For Sale... | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1-Owner 2001 For Sale...

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by GaryAZ, May 21, 2020.

1. GaryAZ

GaryAZ Member

Hello everyone:
    I'm brand new to this forum, and, unashamedly, I'm here because we'd like to find a good home for our 2001 PT Cruiser Limited, hopefully someone who will take care of it and maybe even restore it. If I'm breaking any of the rules for the forum, please just let me know.

We ordered it in 2000 while we were living in CO, and it took us 10 months to get it. In the interim, heated seats became available as an option, so we added that to the list. It's a classic silver Limited with 5-speed, AM/FM/CD/Cassette, 4-wheel disc brakes/ABS/Traction Control, the aforementioned heated seats and no roof rack.

It has a little over 170,000 miles on it and has never been in a collision. I had a couple of mishaps with backing into a concrete column in a parking garage, taking out a tail light; and having a U-Haul trailer tongue bounce up and damage the front bumper cover, but that's about it.

It's had a lot of work done over the years and we have all of the receipts, including the top end of the engine being redone, the clutch and shifter cable replaced, the entire cooling and steering systems being replaced, etc. It has the original wheels, good all season tires and a new battery, passed emissions last September and we have a clear title for it.

So, if anyone is interested, we'll consider any reasonable offers. We'll be sad to see the ol' girl go, but we have 3 vehicles, a 2-car car garage and too much "stuff."
    Gary in Arizona

TommyDodge and wolfsblood07 like this.
  2. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

I see no mention of the timing belt having ever been replaced and it's almost to the recommended interchange interval for the second one. Has that and the water pump ever been done? That's also the time to chance the center motor mount.

3. GaryAZ

GaryAZ Member

Yes, we have receipts showing the timing belt was replaced, along with spark plugs and a tuneup at 87,428 miles; the ball joints, upper & lower motor mounts & axle seal were replaced at 118,911 miles; and the timing belt was replaced again, along with the top end of the engine being completely redone and the water pump replaced, etc., at 129,579 miles.

Handy_Cruiser likes this.
  4. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

That SHOULD help you to sell it. That's a major expense out of the way already. Good luck with it.

5. GaryAZ

GaryAZ Member

Sold for $1,500 today.

6. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

They got a good deal

7. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that you got it sold at a fair price.

Handy_Cruiser likes this.