Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'16 AWD Pursuit wheels on a '17 R/T ?

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by Jack Torse, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Jack Torse

Jack Torse Member

I am getting ready for winter driving in my new Challenger R/T. I have a set of '16 AWD Charger Pursuit wheels that I'd like to use for snow tires. I measured the offset of them to be 46.5mm. Is there any chance of being able to use these on my RWD Challenger? [​IMG]

2. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Get RWD police wheels, you won't have to worry. Chances are the AWD ones will cause issues or be very close on a RWD car or they wouldn't have bothered with separate designs.

3. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

I tried 16" steeliness from a minivan on my 06 rwd rt. Sooooo close on the front but the caliper didn't clear. Worth a try but ended up upside down on the deal. Went with a set of take offs from an sxt challenger. Take a look, they're cheap and plentiful. Between charger challenger and 300, there are a lot of guys upgrading to 20 or more " and you can usually get them with the low mile tires

4. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

These cars never came with anything smaller than a 17" rim. Brake clearance is definitely a consideration.

The AWD Pursuit rims and wheel covers will only fit the AWD LD Chargers and the AWD Challenger. The RWD Pursuit rims and wheel covers will not work on an AWD car, as the front hubs are different.

The chrome hupcaps, incidentally, will interchange between any AWD or RWD rim. That's about it.

You will also need different lugnuts for each rim, and then each choice of hubcap or wheel cover. They aren't mix-n-match.

Basically:

RWD/AWD Chrome hubcap - 4895432AA
    Correct lugnut - 6511418AA

RWD 18" Police Wheel Cover - ZY74ZDJAC
    AWD 18" Police Wheel Cover - 5PC39GSAAA
    RWD/AWD Wheel Cover Lugnut - 6510497AA