AF: 1953 Plymouth Cranbrook or 1954 Belevedere Convertible | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1953 Plymouth Cranbrook or 1954 Belevedere Convertible

Discussion in 'All other classic cars' started by Julian1V, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Julian1V

Julian1V Member

Hi Members,
    Does anyone have or know someone who has one of these vehicles? I am discussing the idea of having some weather seals custom fabricated but the people who can do the work need to see the profiles and widths of the original seals. In my case, they have crumbled away. I am hoping that someone in the forum might be able to connect me with someone who has a restored example or even some original pieces. We managed to locate and import some correct seals but some were not as described, which was disappointing. Anyway, we particularly need to see the top bow to windscreen seal as well as the roof-rear quarter window assembly seal. If anyone can assist, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. Julian1V

Julian1V Member

Dear Forum members,
    On another note, stay safe everyone. This corona virus thing is a nasty bug and many of you, like me, are in the more vulnerable age bracket, so my best thoughts to you all. Out in the garage, surrounded by fuel and oil vapors is probably the safest place to be anyway.

ImperialCrown likes this.
  3. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?

4. Julian1V

Julian1V Member

Thanks Scrounge. It was a 4 door Cranbrook so not what I need but hey, the clip was really entertaining. She's a real character and I love abandoned settlements and desert landscapes so I was very happy just watching it. Thanks for the link.

5. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?

Yeah, she doesn't know much about cars, but she has enthusiasm for relics, and for just about anything in the desert.

This may be a long shot, as I've not seen him in years, and don't know if he's still in business, or even alive, but Marty Goetz had a supply of Mopar NOS parts dating from about the mid-1930s to the early 1960s. I think his father owned a Dodge dealership, and Marty inherited his inventory. He used to rent vendor space at various swap meets in eastern and central Texas, and I liked stopping and talking with him. I didn't see any weather seals in his inventory, but he may have more in storage that he didn't bring to the meets. He was (and hopefully still is) in Yoakum, Texas, and the last phone # I have for him is 361-293-3732. If he doesn't have what you need, he might know of someone who does.