Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1965 Dodge A100 Monster Truck "Doomz Day" build.

Discussion in 'Models - Games - Toys' started by 528-Hemi, Oct 4, 2016.

1. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

2. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Thanks!!!! As a Mopar guy, and disabled, I have to do "something". Kinda fills a void as well as gives me something to do! -Thanks for following!

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  3. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

I thought I got one single shock done, I'd post up what that looks like BEFORE it gets painted and all, as I have a lot to go (15 more!) So.... Here ya go for those following along.
    [​IMG]
    So then, you can see how it'll look with the coil-over spring in-place on a single shock, I think once their all done, and painted they'll look quite good!
    Thanks for looking & following along on this build! Much Appreciated! Comments always welcome and entertained!

4. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

So a short & sweet update, NO I haven't gotten any more of the shocks done...................yet! I wished! To much going on to have the time sit aside to sit my [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] down and do them BUT, thats OK, I am making a little progress on the engine for this Monster Truck, if nothing else!
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, I got the wires on the starter for the engine for when the times comes that this will be going in-place, its all set & ready! I will have to touch up where the parts sprue was attached, when its removed (Left in-place on the part to hold it while I painted it!)
    Like I mentioned, short & sweet! Thats it for now till more is done..... As always comments welcome and enjoyed! Thanks for looking.

5. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

My boy and I just purchased a 2006 version of the Rammunition monster truck. He is only 3 so nothing is planned like you are doing, but I show him your work all the time and he sure is excited to get started on it. Thanks for sharing

6. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Glad to hear it Devil! Really.... thats what this hobby needs, YOUNGSTERS enjoying it..... That might be enough to keep and get him going!

I don't post the work I do to judge anyones work.... I do it for those interested and knowing the real thing to see just how far I go and can go.... To hopefully inspire others to give just a out of box build a try. if that builds interest, it can add to be as good as I am or better in years to come! (I been a model builder a LONG time) so....

BUT my motto? Is "How to build a better model, is to KNOW the real thing!" Where a forum like this really, is the best of both worlds for me.... To share some of my own real car knowledge as well as my modeling talents......

But that too please keep in mind, I build the models for contests both online and in real life...... SO I have to detail the way I do (If I plan to even attempt to score) SO..... Online? On one contest I was against 1,000 builders. Came in 3rd, but took a best of show on the same model! -A lot of "odds" were stacked against me too!

Devildodge and BobbiBigWheels like this.