Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1968 Plymouth Fury 3 Fast top 383

Discussion in 'Other classic cars' started by 68furyIIIfasttop, Oct 15, 2017.

1. 68furyIIIfasttop

hello, something is goofy with my plymouth’s electrical. The only thing the car does is honk. Key doesnt do anything whatsoever, no lights no crank no radio no nothin. I found a burnt light green wire hooked up to the fuse box and the fuse it was connected to was toast. So i replaced the fuse and attempted to temporarily morph two wires together and try again which did nothing. I found a wiring diagram for the car AND THERE ISNT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE ANY GREEN WIRES HOOKED UP TO THE FUSE BOX!!! Please help.

2. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

check the bulkhead connector.

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. Someone may have run a wiper switch, or more likely a heater blower switch directly to the fuse?
    Do either of these accessories work? I have seen heat damaged wiring for heater motors. Check the circuits for damage.
    I agree that bulkhead connectors were a weak spot. The heavy Red and Black wires to the ammeter carry the main electrical load for the vehicle.

4. dana44

Ad-Free Member

Check the ignition switch, too. They tend to have problems at times, after the bulkhead connectors.

5. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

Your car has a fusible link before it goes to the bulkhead. (STARTS AS A RED WIRE). My guess is that it is blown. Your horn takes power from a violet wire at the starter relay. Both the RED and VIOLET wires start at the Starter relay! That would explain why you have a horn only.