Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T

Discussion in 'Models - Games - Toys' started by 528-Hemi, May 5, 2017.

1. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

In talking with a few members, I've been saying I've been slowly working on-and-off on a Silent build, and I have been VERY slowly I might add, but over a good amount of time too! SO, I told them, I didn't have enough to "post" on that build yet, but then recently, I got to looking, and YES, I DO have enough to post on one of the 2 "silent builds" I been playing with.... I had yet to post this build on ANY forum that I'm on. So with that said, Let em begin by saying this model came to me by a friend, on one of the forums that he & I am on, (and to add to that, He & I know each other in-person, as well from several other forums too! -Thanks man! (I hope he recognizes the car!)
    So, you have the old Monogram 1/24th scale '69 Dodge "440 6-Pack" or also was called the '69 Dodge Super Bee. I'm NOT sure which one this was! Anyway, even so, no matter which one it was made to be out of the box, it came with a 440 6 pack, backed by a A833 4 Speed manual Transmission! WELL of all of these I'e seen built, I have yet to see any other engine used in it! (UNLESS, I missed something somewhere).... I haven't seen other-then the 440 in it!
    SO those who know me, KNOWS whats about to happen! Or atleast should have a pretty good idea whats about to happen! Yep, you guessed it, I'm putting a HEMI in 'er! So with that, this is how the model came to me:

Black Car.jpg
    Black car 1.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b5/0e/2e/b50e2eac92a9a0679ef4cdf8a57f08d4.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/7c/a3/3d/7ca33d513b5f495180cfe2f66e8f9272.jpg

Yeah, the ole girl needs some TLC.... And she'll get just that! I'm going to completely transform this car from a box-stock kit, to an show quality museum piece! A LOT of work is going to go into this model as it is in fact a Coronet, as those who know me, knows, I favor the Coronets to start with.... So, I'll be tossing A LOT at and in this kit as I go!
    Also the body color has been picked out! The car will be Hemi Orange, V-2 Car, with Black R/T Deck Stripe, as well as a black vinyl top! 8D Will have a full black interior with some Hemi Orange highlights! (As well as a few other goodies inside for detail sake!)
    Stay tuned! More to come, thanks for looking, comments always welcome! ENJOY!

#1 528-Hemi, May 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
  2. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

So to begin, I'm going to pull out some engine parts, as I mentioned, I plan to STUFF a 426 (or bigger) Hemi into it! SO that means, I have to dig through my parts organizers, to see what I have for 1/24th scale 426 Hemi's to start, I thought I had a new (or at least a couple new) 426 Hemi's from the Monogram/Revell '71 Hemi 'Cuda.. BUT, thats not the case! ALL I have are glue bomb 1/24th scale Hemi's, so thats what it'll have to be! So, with that, I am rebuilding a glue bomb car, which will be getting a glue bomb motor!!!! So fitting, for a build like this! Plus using up some old parts, and saving them! Which is a GREAT thing too!

Engine with trans.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/de/e1/c2/dee1c27b7ce0926a054da22c9065f6d5.jpg

So after digging a while to see what I had, comparing it, this is the best choice for this build as A LOT is going to happen to this engine, at this point, anything is possible! Remember, this car, isn't going to be "Stock", just over that, so Street Machine? I'm not sure what to call this one, BUT its definitely NOT "stock", or going to be anyway!
    The engine I pulled out, isn't in the best of shape, It was pre-painted Testors Orange, the standard color Orange, The Transmission, needs SERIOUS help! The timing chain cover, and water pump were nothing more then a glob of glue smudges, and literally melted to the block! I had to mill off the entire thing to make the block flat again! I then while at it, and using the mill I decked the block, making the area where the heads sat, flat again (they were glued on and were not flush sitting on the engine, as well the intake was in bad shape too!) I milled the intake off AFTER removing the heads! I had fortunately saved the heads for being destroyed, but had to destroy the intake, as it wasn't even worth keeping with all the glue that bubbled up when whoever applied it to the engine! What a mess, but in my last pic, looks A LOT better, I did the mill work and then needed stripped which it went for a swim in the Purple Pond.

Engine with trans 1.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8a/5a/bc/8a5abc06ff75d877a6d1d56b1668e0fe.jpg

All that listed in the above picture.
    Bottom of engine.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/6a/4b/b0/6a4bb05a6433b6281b30677e8a45b906.jpg
    Then, the BANE of my existence... that damned oil pan! The glue joints of even this part of a NEW engine by me, SUCK, they never seem to fit right on this model. The seams I don't believe were molded symmetrically to begin with, but ANYWAY, they come to a slight "point" where the edges meet and it had nothing to do with the "edge" itself, as I had to file WAY back into the oil pan to make it flat, never min the glue smudges it had too! And if you look, the seam on the bottom of the Transmission, isn't any better! It was way worse on the oil pan! I may wind up changing the oil pan all together, but we'll see, I'm a ways from that stage!

Engine with trans 2.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/4e/62/88/4e6288b217e1feaa99277d4fcc6b4557.jpg

Well there ya see the top side of the Transmission. I'm not happy with this, as that tail-housing is near impossible to repair! or well, make look right if that makes sense! AND, to be completely honest, I'm kinda-sorta leaning toward a 727 Torqueflite Automatic on this build anyway! SO, I'll be off to look and see what 1/24th Scale 727 Torqueflite Automatic Transmissions I have, as that one, I'm completely unsure of! (I may have to rob that Transmission from another kit if none are in my parts organizers!)
    Thanks for following along, more to come! ENJOY!

#2 528-Hemi, May 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
    Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  3. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

OK WTH? My pics aren't showing up! -Anyone else getting the "red X" where the pics would be?

4. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

-DELETE the WHOLE Thread.... -I can't edit the pics to get them to show up so theres no need of the thread if the pics can't be seen!

5. AdminDave

Staff Member

The problem is with the image provider not allowing them to be shared, I believe. I will convert them to links.

6. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

I'm sorry to disagree, but its with THIS FORUM....... Every other forum I've posted this build on, allows the pics to be seen hyper linked from my image host..... Without a hitch, but here, they were red x's, and now links...... please, its a PITA to have to click on EVERY link to my model builds, DELETE this whole topic! -Its simply not going ot be worth the effort for others to "see" what I speak of during my builds!

7. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I can see the pics in your links.

8. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

So the pics are showing up in the thread, or do you have to "open" each pic to see it? See every other forum I'm on, they post up and can be instantly viewed.... This is my work so there should not be any issue Hyper-linking, as I'm the owner and can make that call..... So I'm not sure why my pic host isn't allowing them to show up when everywhere else I post and they show up just fine.....

9. Bob Lincoln

Level 2 Supporter

You can drag and drop photos here from Explorer, but there is a size limit, which seems to be about 150Kb. Or you can post a link, which you did, and which works.

10. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

I wonder if thats why it wouldn't post my pics? (Never had that issue on other posts/threads I've made!

11. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

OK I went back and looked at my other threads that I posted pics, I don't get it, my pics are small. in size, and they still are 320KB in size. IF the same file/pic was 150KB, it be near impossible to see any details....

SO my complaint here is, its THIS forum..... All the others have a file size limit of 500KB FILE size.... I'm not sure what that be pixel size.... BUT I have issues ANYWHERE else posting my topics, with the file size I use....

12. Bob Lincoln

Level 2 Supporter

I don't know the limits of this software, but since we can see your pics when we click the links, I don't see why there's a problem.

13. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

No idea what the issue is but I like what I am seeing.

14. Bob ONeill

Bob ONeill 325,000+ miles and counting...
    Level 2 Supporter

I will attempt to edit the pictures and edit your post including the edited photos.

15. Bob ONeill

Level 2 Supporter

OK so it's rocket science. First the file must be smaller than 320K and second position the cursor at the point where you wish to 'post' a photo, you click 'Upload a File'. It's the middle button below and right of the 'typing' box.

Doing so results in the edit I made to your original post. And, I edited your other posts. I hope you can see the photos now.

16. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

-Don't bother.......... I'm not gonna continue the build with all thats needed and its a LONG thread, so delete it and don't worry about it..... To much work for very little return.

I type all my builds out in MS Notepad, and this is thee only site I have seen any issues with, all the other forums that I post on are just fine with the format, I'm not willing to change it for just one.... -That "one" forum misses out I guess..... Considering that issue, ALL my pics are sized the same for storage reasons, so that would mean my attendance will drop dramatically.....

Merely delete the tread to not lead-on those reading. as there will be no more to it!

17. Bob Lincoln

Level 2 Supporter

I just don't understand this reaction. Your post and pictures ARE here. It all worked.

18. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Its simple, ALL my pictures are set to ONE size, Allpar USED to support the size, and then all of a sudden a change, meaning I'd have to go through and RESIZE EVERY picture just to post on ONE forum, TIME I don't have, and should NOT expect OTHERS to do for me........ -They like me ain't got that sort of time..... Because of the fact that I'm all set out on SEVERAL forums, I like to be able post as quickly as possible, this on the other hand would require a change on my file size for ONE of several forums.......... that I'm not willing to do!

-Carry on. without my attendance, just that simple!

19. Bob ONeill

Level 2 Supporter

Seriously. That is an attitude which puzzles me. Just try it using the upload. If it fails then we will just have to suffer the loss of your posts regarding your build.
    If you have tried and it won't allow the upload then I guess we lose.

I hope those 'other' forums enjoy the build though.

20. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

This is WHAT your not understanding.....

ALL of my posts, with pictures and the long winded ways I build things, is done FIRST in MD Note pad, with my photohost providing me the URL of each picture to be seen on any of the forums I'm on.. OK? With that said, to "upload" the pics here, I'd then have to change that original message with a URL already in it. I've got LOTS of builds, with thousands of pictures...... ALL uploaded to ONE host, that way that host, has NO LIMITS..... -I simply do NOT have the time nor the care to change ALL that for one forum.......

The SAME programing way I'm having trouble with her, worked on EVERY OTHER post I've made here. then all of a sudden it changes, and then YOU want me to fore go a change on my pic size, when it works on every other forum I'm on?

Sorry, I ain't got the time for that, one, and two, when it works everywhere else, and once worked here, why change?

So with that it is YOUR LOSS.... I can't see why the programing had to change to not allow the pics when it used too! Thats NOT my issue.....

So with that, I say good bye to those that were following along, thank you..... To Allpar, your administration can't expect people to change whats already in place, that works PERFECTLY everywhere else, but here and think that the users will change just for one forum....... Its to much work, and WAY to much time to do so, specially when I'm looking at nearly 5,000 pictures! Then to copy & paste ALL those pics to the proper location of the said file.

Nahh I'm good.......... all the other forums WILL enjoy, without the trouble, hassle, & expectation of change thats here.....