AF: 1971 340 magnum short block | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1971 340 magnum short block

Discussion in 'Cars and parts wanted' started by Henzel, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Henzel

Henzel New Member

1971 340 magnum motor:
    Motor is partially built w/ 4” stroker scat crank and bearings installed, cam bearings installed, all machine work is complete and block is .030 over bore, comes with new in box; KB hyperneurtic pistons, felpro ring set, complete gasket set, brass freeze plugs installed, extend/u. NIB: SCAT rods- w/bearing
    All ARP bolts. I am sure I am forgetting something. I was following a motor build guide which calls for Aluminum open chamber heads as it sits: $2k

Attached Files:

chuzz likes this.
  2. Magnum Valiant

Never heard of 340 Magnum. Can you give more detail?

valiant67 likes this.
  3. chuzz

chuzz Allpar Legacy

As a child of the 70's (teen years) I drooled over the 340 Magnum Darts. I sure wish I had the money to grab that along with a set of aluminum heads. I'd have to find a car to put it in too.

DC-93 likes this.
  4. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Produced from 1968 to 1973... Used mostly in A bodies, but did find it's way into B bodies in the 70s.