Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1975 Plymouth Brougham article

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by Fast Eddie, Nov 14, 2017.

1. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

I traded a near-perfect '68 Fury III hardtop for a '75 Valiant Brougham with a 225 Slant Six. It was a very plush and comfortable car, but my hope for a little better mileage over the 318 was a big disappointment. The six in the smaller car actually got lower mileage than the Fury, and it was the most underpowered Mopar I ever owned, and that included a 1.7 automatic TC-3.

It was also the most troublesome with constant carburetion problems and host of nit-picking annoyance issues.

Too bad the quality of that little Valiant didn't match its good looks.

2. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

I love the "decidedly European touches like color-keyed wheel covers, map pockets, and assist straps".

3. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

My Dad had a 74 Dart SE with a 318. Exept the manual windows and locks, it was very smooth almost like a smaller luxery car.

4. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

We had a white over white 2dr. with maroon velour interior. Pretty well loaded, for an "A" body. 318, a/c, am/fm and the radial tire tuned suspension package with front and rear sway bars. That was the best built and running "A" we ever had.
    Yeah, the sixes were pretty well smogged to death by then.