NewsWhat’s special about the Demon? • Demon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1977 Chrysler LeBaron 4-door base model owner.

Discussion in 'F-J-M: Volare, Diplomat, etc, 1977-89' started by 77LeBaron, Feb 3, 2017.

1. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

Citation on Youtube they have a ton of Mopar comparison tests posted by a youtuber called Osborne Tremain and others . I lover the front end styling and rear deck lights . The Lincoln was just an upscale Mercury Monarch out of the three Seville, Versailles both 12 grand , and the LeBaron 7 grand maxed out the LeBaron was the best , but I am biased, I have driven them all and the interior of the LeBaron is by far the best of the bunch .

Citation84 likes this.
  2. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

I hear what you are saying the power window swap is a long shot yet if the opportunity arises I will do this. I am shopping around for the 2 door and 4 door LeBaron in leather trim and maxed out on options they do turn up well maintained for about 5 grand .

3. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

Found the Chrysler Master Tech - 1977, Volume 77-4 LeBaron and Diplomat Technical Highlights
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5QdISCvt_0
    and starting at 3:17 and at 3:40 the object of my complicated repair the high capacity heater core . I am a novice to car A/C and heating systems but have really never seen an A/C evaporator inside the dash . I am educating myself on the A/C , Heater system and it looks like I will be taking it to a Mechanic due to the fact the A/C must be taken apart also and I have no way to capture the Freon from the system.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Citation84 likes this.
  4. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

Here is a great video 1971 Dodge vs. Chevrolet Light Duty Trucks and Vans Dealer Promo Film I get a kick out the interplay between the young and fertile Irma F. Smith and the boss Big Sam Saavy !
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JRP-5zpOGI

5. Citation84

Citation84 Member

Didn't know there was video ! Thanks for that. Old road tests and "first start after 40 years" videos are my favorites.

6. Citation84

Citation84 Member

Will you retro-fit to be able to use the new refrigerant ?

7. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

I have thought about the retrofit it might be time to change out the A/C hoses , dryer etc while I get the heater core fixed. The master tech series is a vault of information !

Citation84 likes this.
  8. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

The newer cylindrical compressors do better than the old RV2 when changing to newer refrigerant. You might consider this, the cars changed compressor styles around 1989.

9. geraldg

geraldg Active Member Ad-Free Member

I think they changed earlier than that I had a 87 5th ave that had the newer type.

10. valiant67

Oops meant 1980!

Bearhawke and geraldg like this.
  11. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

Hi My latest concern is now my ignition . I have noticed lately thay my ignition will click but not turn over on a more frequent basis. What could be the cause of this . It took many times today , then later it cranked on the first try . Experts please offer a diagnosis .

12. valiant67

If you mean the starter is clicking rather than spinning the engine start by inspecting for corrosion at the battery then follow the cables to the starter checking connections. But the problem may we'll be the starter itself.

13. 68RT

68RT Active Member

More likely the solenoid than the starter itself.

14. Scrounge

Scrounge Member

15. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

Def 1980 although the newer style AC compressor was phased in during the 1979 model year. I don't remember seeing an Old School York compressor on any R body V8.