Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1977 Chrysler LeBaron 4-door base model owner.

Discussion in 'F-J-M: Volare, Diplomat, etc, 1977-89' started by 77LeBaron, Feb 3, 2017.

1. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Consider going with the newer mini-starter as used on the 1990s Dakota.

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

That works much better, but then you lose the classic Chrysler starter sound.

valiant67 likes this.
  3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Hehehehe.....I remember Dad's '72 Charger and '75 Fury had that unique high pitched starter sound........

4. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

It's really weird/annoying when you hear it from a Ford LTD or similar on an old Aaron Spelling show from the 70s. Why dub a starter sound in, when the rest of the audio is live outdoors? Maybe they were afraid the Ford wouldn't start?

5. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with a starter on a Chevy truck. It would start cold, but if I tried to start it hot, it would sometimes just click. When I had it tested at Autozone, they couldn't find a problem with it, but when Napa tested it, they found that it was electrically weak.

Rebuild kits for starters used to be common at parts stores. A few repair shops specialize in remanufacturing starters and alternators. They're rarely cheap, but they commonly do a good job.

6. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

To close out the thread on the non start issue as I stated in my previous post I replaced the Starter Relay switch to no avail , well it would occasionally kick over on one such occasion I mistakenly restarted the ignition while the starter was still turning and met with that grinding action that happens , after that incident the car has started up on the first try every time since then, I think I must have solved the problem with that mistake. She is still turning over as of today. Now onto the heater core replacement , and the oil pressure switch which was the main cause of my oil leak the switch was almost unthreaded from the block , so the engine oil leak will be solved , and that will leave me with the transmission leak .

Citation84 likes this.
  7. 77LeBaron

77LeBaron Member

FYI I know you have all been waiting on this Lucille ball's 1980 Chrysler Town & Country wagon. The Winning bid was $5,120.00