Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1977 Volare Production Figures

Discussion in 'F-J-M: Volare, Diplomat, etc, 1977-89' started by Don C, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Don C

Don C Member

I own a 1977 yellow Volare with the RoadRunner package. I purchased the car used, but as original with the yellow paint and all decals. The decals are black white and gray (unlike the colors used for other paint colors). I am trying to locate any information on production numbers for this color combination. I have brought the car to the Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle many times and nobody has seen a yellow Volare coupe with the roadrunner package. Any help is appreciated.

2. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

You can find out how many 1977 Volare Road Runners there were (4575). You could also probably find out how many Volare coupes were yellow. But you can't find out how many were both because Chrysler didn't track combinations of options (Road Runner was an option package by then).
    As for the stripes, the colors of the stripes depended on the color of the car -according to the data book there was no choice in stripe color once body color was selected. Back and gray stripes were used on white cars. Yellow may have been a late addition as it was not listed in the available colors.