Allpar Forums banner

1979 Dodge "Pick em Up"

10K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  340Underdog 
G
#1 ·
Can't seem to find out anything about the truck. I think it was from the "Adult Toys" package but not sure. Anyone have any info on one. I am looking at buying one that is in pretty good shape.

Thanks

#2 ·
Might've been similar to my 1981 "Albuquerque Edition" Ram -- a dealer package of options with dealer-installed decals. Mine was a 318 with a four-in-the-floor in Polar White with a bright (school-bus-colored) yellow stripe and decals.
Like with all first trucks ... hard not to love it.
I'm old enough to remember the Adult Toys: Power Wagon, Macho (the hi-visibility paint jobs & interior trim upgrades for the Power Wagon), Palomino (the luxe version of the pickups -- most were Power Wagons), Ramcharger / Trailduster, Little Red Express and Warlocks.

What does this "Pick 'em Up" look like? If it's a stepside longbed, it might be unique. If it's a LWB it probably is a set of options -- there's an album here about one: http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/xx316/pistolpeteusmc/power%20wagon/?action=view&current=IMG00057-20100624-1022.jpg

#3 ·
I had one a few years ago. It's a part of the Adult Toys marketing campaign. It's one of the more rare of the optional packages, as far as I know.

Mine was a '79 150 4x4 shortbox Sweptline, 360 automatic. I think all of them were. Although mine was a little faded, it was dark red, with a multi-color stripe (shades of orange to yellow) wrapping around from the tailgate of the box to the door, then turning down to end in a large DODGE at the bottom of the door. It also had PICK 'EM UP on the tailgate in the same shades as the side stripe, and a small stripe on the hood, same shades. I have some pictures of it somewhere. If I find them, I'll post them on this.

I ended up selling mine to a guy in Eau Claire, WI in 2002 who still has it, although I haven't seen it on the road in quite a while. When I sold it, the body was really solid & straight, but the tranny was going out for the second time (reason I sold it), and the wiring was a mess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.