NewsDemon chillin’ the intercooler • This really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1982 Plymouth Arrow Pickup w/ Turbo Diesel?

Discussion in 'Outside North America' started by PlymouthShelbyCuda86, May 17, 2014.

1. PlymouthShelbyCuda86

PlymouthShelbyCuda86 Member

Were there any 1982 Plymouth Arrow pickup trucks built with the Mitsubishi 4D55T (2.3L) turbo diesel engine that saw use in the 1983-86 Mitsubishi Pickup and the related Dodge (Power) Ram 50, as well as the 1985-87 Ford Ranger?

~Ben

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

The gasoline-engined Plymouth version was marketed more as a 2WD leisure/play/sun and sand truck than a work or off-road truck. I have the sales brochures. Its run ended in 1982. 4WD started in 1982, but I never saw a 4WD Arrow (there were AWD Colt Vistas).
    The Mitsubishi Turbodiesel wasn't offered until 1983 (I went to training for it) after the Arrow pickup ceased. We sold very few of them. A friend of mine had a white one with blue interior, 2.6L, stick-shift with a cap.
    The Dodge Power Ram D-50 was more of a rugged work truck and got the Mighty Max version. Dodge also got the Ram Raider.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Triton
    It's funny that they tried to bring back the Plymouth truck line, but most folks didn't equate Plymouth with trucks or mostly wanted the 'Ram-Tough' ones.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_(automobile)#Plymouth_Trucks

floridaman2013 likes this.
  3. PlymouthShelbyCuda86

PlymouthShelbyCuda86 Member

And speaking of the turbo diesel engine, is it true that it was not cataloged in the 1986 brochures for either the Mitsubishi Pickup or the Dodge Ram 50?

The reason I ask is that most sources on the internet I know of say that the turbo diesel option was discontinued at the end of the 1985 model year.

~Ben

4. Mopar_Ja

Mopar_Ja Member

Funny, I found this I have an 82 Power Ram 50 parked right out front, sub 1000 serial number with 2.6 5-spd and have been contemplating to convert to diesel. I far as I know 85 was last year for diesel.