Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1986 Daytona CS

Discussion in 'Daytona and Laser' started by Jason89, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Jason89

Jason89 Member

Hello All, I bought my son an 86 Daytona CS and he will need some interior parts. If anyone has any interior pieces like the liftgate rear panel in Black, the PRNDL trim plate, door weatherstrips (sunroof car), Tach or cluster. The car has the black stripes missing on one rear taillamp. Maybe someone removed the black stripes by mistake. Who knows. So he will look for a right rear taillamp or a sharpie marker lol.
    Let us know if anyone has anything or any contacts.
    Thanks,
    Jason

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  2. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

I can't help you on parts. My Daytonas are looong gone, but it's good to hear that someone is keeping the old Daytonas alive.
    I've seen maybe two Daytonas in the last 6 months. What shape is your son's '86 in and what did you pay for it, if you don't mind me askin'...

And Welcome to ALLPAR!

3. Jason89

Jason89 Member

The car is straight. Only little rust in the spare tire well. Will need to be repainted. It needs little odds on ends. I have an 89 ttop shelby daytona. I have been a part of allpar for a few years. I was at the car show in NJ last september and always go to carlisle to the allpar tent. Its always alot of fun..Thanks..

4. Donnie 3.0

Sorry, then. I don't get here as much as I used to. My Daytonas are looong gone.
    I think it's great that you and your son are keeping this Daytona alive.
    You sure don't see many on the road anymore.
    What was the saying from one of the TV shows...? "Restore 'em, don't crush 'em"? or sumthin' like that...
    Keep the Faith, man....

5. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

You can look up the Mopar part #'s in the 1986 passenger car parts catalog here:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD2/82-96PassCar/86p.PDF
    The Laser/Daytona is a G-body. Body/interior parts are in chapter 23.
    Center console is chapter 8A (instrument panel, etc). Your automatic shifter bezel is also shown here as item # 26 (Mopar part# 4247374):
    http://www.moparpartsgiant.com/part...rument-panel-and-consoles-console-center.html
    Although these parts are long discontinued, you can Google these 'Mopar # xxxxxxx' to find possible sources.
    Arizona Auto may have some things.
    http://arizonaparts.com/database/partlist.txt
    There are various NOS and used parts entities out there. What you can't find, inquire about, the worst they can say is no.
    You may have to get creative to make one or repair the old one. That is all part of the fun of the old car hobby. :D

6. Jason89

Jason89 Member

Thank you

7. DCTZ

DCTZ Active Member

Only interior part I have in black in a rolling tonneau cover if you are interested for gen #1. Fits 1984 - 1986.

8. TurboPacifica

Supporter

I have a center console cover in black in good shape. Make a offer with shipping.

9. Jason89

Jason89 Member

Thanks. regarding the Tonneau cover: Let you know. we currently dont have one. the car needs also the mounts.

Our console cover is in nice shape. Thanks..
    Pictures are welcome ttops89@aol.com.

10. DCTZ

DCTZ Active Member

I only have the tonneau cover but could make the cover mounts using my plastics additive manufacturing machine (aka: 3d printer).

11. Daytona Dude

Daytona Dude Well-Known Member

Does the cover operate correctly? (recoil). If so, let me know what your asking price is. Thanks!

12. marty mopar

marty mopar Active Member

I have all the tonneau mounting brackets

13. DCTZ

DCTZ Active Member

Last I knew the spring were good. I will check the condition and get you a price.

14. marty mopar

marty mopar Active Member

4221802 is the PRNDL lamp. I have 51 of these NOS at 35.00 each. They fit 1984-89 J,G bodies.

www.arizonaparts.com

15. DCTZ

DCTZ Active Member

Still looking for the black tonneau cover. Once I verify it is good I will PM you.

16. DCTZ

DCTZ Active Member

Finally found that Black 1st gen Daytona tonneau cover! It is in good condition.

I am having car troubles so I had to get the 85 Turbo Z out to get to work for the next week or two. It was under the car.

It was from Gary Donovan 1986 Turbo Z named the Silver Bullet.

DDG- The Silver Bullet-My 1986 13 Second Daytona!

He also still has the photo of my DC intercooler when mounted above the engine at:

DDG- Intercooler ID page

17. Perrym1229

Perrym1229 New Member

I had a Direct Connection top mount intercooler on my old 86 Turbo Z C/S. Brings back a lot of memories. I only had to cut the hood a little cause the hole for the louvered hood scoop was already there.

18. Donnie 3.0

Wow, Donovan's Garage and a mention of Cliff Sebring! Been a lotta years since I looked over Donovan's Garage and thought about Cliff, but there ya go!

Thanks for the links, DCTZ!....

19. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

I bought a brand new 1986 Daytona Turbo Z CS,black and gold.First thing I did was put in the DC intercooler package.I also put on the hood scoop to get more air through the intercooler.Was a very nice car,loved those pump up bucket seats.

20. DCTZ

DCTZ Active Member

Gary is back at "turbo-mopar.com" working on getting Relentless race ready for the 2017 season. Good reading!

Relentless 2016