Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1986 Daytona Turbo Z C/S enterred into Pick and Pull - Virginia Beach,

Discussion in 'GFAQ: G-Body Frequently Asked Questions' started by CJ Chitwood, Jun 16, 2014.

1. CJ Chitwood

CJ Chitwood Hubby and Daddy Extraordinaire

All,

It is with sadness I bring news of the demise of another Daytona.

My nephew (more, my sister) bought this Daytona in Jacksonville, FL for $3500. Several hundred dollars were put into random little things after its purchase, but back in February it failed to run. She had a mechanic check it out and something was wrong either with a piston or a cylinder wall (I believe piston more likely, I just don't remember the conversation that well).

The car was sold to a local pick and pull.

The car was in very decent shape, needing only cosmetic things mostly (and a competent mechanic to identify when there's a problem).

The pick and pull is as follows:

Pick-n-Pull Virginia Beach
    100 Sykes Avenue (near the intersection of Southern Boulevard, just northeast of N.A.S. Oceana)
    Virginia Beach, VA 23454
    1-757-417-0380

Mon - Fri 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
    Sat - Sun 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
    Age 16+ only.

[Edit]
    I almost forgot...

1986 Daytona Turbo Z C/S as posted in the title, it has the original Turbo I engine and 5-speed transmission. I'd have kept it for my own car if I had the money, room, and wife's patience. The upholstery was leather, I don't recall if it was Mark Cross, but the leather was pretty worn-in. I believe the instrument cluster was mechanical. It may or may not have had the stock crab rims (when he bought it, it had a custom set on it, but the man sold him the crabs as well). Radiant Red, PR-3, like mine. Interior black.
    [/edit]

I don't know if they'll sell the car complete, but they only paid a little over $200 for it I think last Friday so if you make a decent offer...

Good luck.

2. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member