AF: 1989 Dynasty headliner R & R | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1989 Dynasty headliner R & R

Discussion in 'F-J-M: Volare, Diplomat, etc, 1977-89' started by dynasty warrior, Mar 5, 2020.

1. dynasty warrior

I am trying to remove the headliner out and re glue the material in . But what is holding the front headliner light console up there ? The 2 screws for the sun visor clips are removed . My manual does not show what I have .

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

3. dynasty warrior

4. dynasty warrior

Yes , I seen this but I don't have the eye glass compartment console , probably for a Lebaron or New Yorker model . Wont even say how to change a light bulb . Very vague area of removal .

5. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

6. dynasty warrior

Well the screws were not out and never could find out how to remove or loosen them . Any how the headliner has been successfully re glued . No more hanging curtain to irritate a driver .

ImperialCrown likes this.
  7. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Speaking of Dynastys, someone has one for sale about 15 miles from me. Nice body, navy blue. It's a 1993 and dude is asking $3,000 obo. I don't know what engine is in it as it was locked and he wasn't around. I suspect the 3.0 because it looks kind of oily under the car. He's painted the brake drums blue also, so maybe recent brake shoes? From what I could see through the limo tinted windows, the interior looked great. I have 5 photos I can post if anyone wants to see it.

#7 chuzz, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  8. dynasty warrior

They all have their quirks after there so old , like we do . Besides mine I hardly see any of these driving around any more . I suspect its because the labor and parts will cost more than the worth of the car . Ask for the maintenance receipts when you go to look at that car . Then you make your offer . Collector cars are one thing , a daily driver or stored away car is another .

9. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not in any financial shape to buy even a used car. Every penny I get goes to paying bills. My frigging homeowners insurance just went up $700 per year because the company I had it with went out of business and I had to find more. It's ridiculous. We're slowly working on the house and will be putting it up for sale within the next 12 months and moving back to the Real South. Preferably TN, AR or AL. Just depends on the housing market and what we can sell this one for.