Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 Daytona Update

Discussion in 'Daytona and Laser' started by i-d steve, Sep 3, 2017.

1. i-d steve

i-d steve New Member

Howdy
    I recently joined Allpar in June when I was given a 1991 Daytona and have pretty much spent all my summer weekends working on the car. Although in great condition under the hood (28,000 miles) and a good exterior, the interior had been a mouse hotel for a number of years as the car sat outside most winters with little or no use. I stripped the interior down to the metal, replaced the carpet, steam cleaned the seats, washed all the interior molding inside and out, new headliner, radio and some new rims and wheels. It has some electrical gremlins I'm trying to work through but making some progress. My girlfriend has a funny sense of humor. This was her car originally so when I replaced the old rims with the new ones, she thought it needed a mirror ornament to match the wheels :)
    I finally finished this past weekend. The journey continues! Cheers
    Steve

Attached Files:

multimopes likes this.
  2. i-d steve

i-d steve New Member

Pa
    Part II

Attached Files:

multimopes likes this.
  3. i-d steve

i-d steve New Member

Part 3

Attached Files:

multimopes likes this.
  4. marty mopar

marty mopar Active Member

nice looking car! not a fan of the mirror ball or the aftermarket wheels but that's just me.

5. i-d steve

i-d steve New Member

Thanks Marty! The mirror ball is my girlfriends prank. Found it hanging from the mirror one morning. The wheels are a bit shiny but I like them. Have the stock ones when I want to mix it up a bit. Thanks again!

6. Daytona Dude

Daytona Dude Well-Known Member

It's great to see another Daytona fan carrying the torch! Had to sell my 84 Turbo Z, as I just didn't have the time or resources to finish it. It went to a good home, though, and will be loved. I'm sure my love affair with Daytonas hasn't ended yet; I've owned four of them.

multimopes likes this.