Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1992 caravan head question

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by dynasty warrior, Dec 4, 2017.

1. dynasty warrior

1992 Chrysler caravan 3.0 cylinder head . Will it work / fit on a 1989 Mitsubishi 3.0 ? ( dodge dynasty )

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

I use the Mopar reman catalogs for interchange reference information. It will tell me what years share a same reman part #, but it won't tell me what is different about them if they don't. Anyway, it is usually all I have to know.
    It looks like 1987-1997 passenger cars and 1987-2000 minivans share the same Mopar reman head part # RM533087. See p. 92 in the reman catalog:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Mopar Catalogs/2002_Mopar_Remanufactored_Parts.pdf
    Note that the camshaft is not supplied with the reman heads and may be a different profile for different applications. Can you swap the Dynasty cam and rockers over to the Caravan head?

3. dynasty warrior

I am interested in doing a complete engine swap not switching parts . Thus that's why I have listed a 1994 LeBaron 3.0 engine and my current 1989 Dynasty 3.0 . Its the electrical stuff , sensors , ecm that I wonder will interchange .