Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 b250 lower ball joints..which?

Discussion in 'Vans' started by NeilG, Dec 13, 2015.

1. NeilG

NeilG New

I need to replace a Lower Ball joint on my b250....1994.... There are two types listed..one threaded and one press fit...how do i tell which one i have? I will have to get apress kit or a special socket i guess....
    Do both types have a snap ring?

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

3. NeilG

NeilG New

The uppers are all threaded as I can tell....as for the lower units, the big box parts stores list two types both designated "Lower"....one has threads, one does not. Mine had no threads....but also no retaining ring. DId the job already. Removed the wheel cylinder to get room for the press tool. No reason for an alignment that I can tell....nothing I took apart was adjustable so to speak. Ok the tie rod, but it did not spin and went back the way it had been.

4. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

Sounds about right.

5. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

Threaded lower ball joints on any species of B series van? I'm aware of some of the lower joints being threaded on 1957-64 C bodies along with a few of the 1973+ B bodies, but that's it. :confused: