AF: 1994 Chrysler LHS Braking issues | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 Chrysler LHS Braking issues

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by JerCrest01, Jun 3, 2019.

1. JerCrest01

JerCrest01 New Member

Hello,

I replaced my axles, and front bearings, and after that my brakes are acting up. I stem on the pedal and it pulses, and does nothing.

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Sounds like the car has ABS and something is wrong in that system. Did you use the proper ABS parts? Any sensor damaged or unplugged?

3. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Are the toothed ABS tone wheels on the replacement axles?

4. JerCrest01

JerCrest01 New Member

I did use the abs tone axles. I had to use a rubber mallet to get the old bearings off of the spindles to replace the axles, would this cause abs sensor damage?

5. JerCrest01

JerCrest01 New Member

Follow up, I went on a test drive and the same issue came up after i changed the abs sensors, my brother suggested that I pull the fuse on the ABS and the issue went away. However is there anyway to see if the ABS system is malfunctioning? Motor or wiring ect.....

6. valiant67

valiant67 ...

You’ll need an advanced scan tool that can read the ABS computer on the car to diagnose.