Allpar Forums banner

1994 LHS antenna issue

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ka9yhd 
#1 ·
Hello,

My antenna in my 1994 LHS will not go down all the way when I turn my car off.

Is there an easy fix for this or do I have to get a replacement? Also if I have to get a replacement then can somebody forward me to a low cost Mopar OEM replacement?

#2 ·
There used to be repair kits with a new mast and nylon feed line. One would remove the old one and feed a new greased one into the antenna motor spool. The nylon lines would break after some years and when cold and brittle.
I don't see any repair kits offered for this model, but you can try to Google around for a 'Mopar 4760528AB'.

#3 ·
Take a towel and wipe the antenna clean. Check it for any dents that would interfere with the antenna elements sliding into each other. Drip a little oil into the joints or the ends of each element. There might be an accumulation of dirt inside antenna mast assembly.
If the nylon strap inside the antenna is broken then the antenna will not go up or down.

On my mother's 1999 Oldsmobile 98 the nylon strap is broke inside the antenna and I can pull the antenna up or easily push it down. I need to try and find a repair kit or replace the entire power antenna assembly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.