AF: 1994 LHS Headlight Issue | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 LHS Headlight Issue

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by JerCrest01, Nov 26, 2018.

1. JerCrest01

JerCrest01 New Member

Hello,

I am writing to see if anybody can assist me in diagnosing my issue. When I turn on my fog light it blows my fuse of the right headlight.

Thanks for all the help if possible.

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I have never heard of a car with fuses for headlights. They usually use a thermal breaker. What rating is this fuse, and where is it located?

3. JerCrest01

JerCrest01 New Member

The fuse is a 15 amp and it is in the fuse box on the side of the dash on the driver side.

4. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

There are a total of 4 fuses in the interior fusebox. Left/Hi beam, Right/high beam, Left/low beam and Right/low beam.
    Fuses # 11, 12, 15 and 16 shown on p. 8W-12 here:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/...rker_Concorde_Intrepid_Vision_LHS/94LH_8W.PDF
    Fog lamps only work on low beams, so it is fuse # 16 that blows?
    Fog lamp circuits are shown on p. 8W-108 (LH 63). There are slight wiring differences between DRL and non-DRL cars.
    The right h/lamp and right f/lamp share a ground.
    The short may be in the headlamp switch or possibly in the wiring to the front of the car. The switch wiring is shown on p. 8W-102 (LH 57).
    If the fuse blows right away or you can 'make' it blow, it should be fairly easy to find. It is only when fuses blow intermittently that they can be hard to find.
    Look for cut, pinched or rubbed-through wires. Look for burnt or melted plastic. Likely a Dk. Blue or Vt/Rd wire is involved with the short?