Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 Plymouth Sundance

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by kayt76, Sep 14, 2017.

1. kayt76

kayt76 Member

Need to have brake master cylinder replaced. Apparently part is different whether car has ABS. Can anyone help me by telling me how I can find out if it has ABS? Want to make sure I order right part. Thank you.

2. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

The simplest way to check if there is no ABS warning lamp illuminated in the dash is to drive the car and try to activate the system with the brake pedal. Your post, however, makes me think the car is not drive-able. I think in that era ABS components were mostly under the hood. That means there will be a large component near the master cylinder with multiple hard brake lines attached. You may need to follow the lines from the MC. You could also remove a wheel to see if it has wheel sensors.

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Plymouth Sundance is a Mopar. (I had a Dodge Shadow). ABS would be rare, but was available (mostly on the higher content V6s).
    The instrument cluster yellow ABS light would likely light up at start-up, as a bulb check if you had it.
    Moving to EEK!

4. neon98rt

neon98rt Well-Known Member

Wouldnt there be a wire connected to the master if it was abs? The new part would have a hole to plug in the sensor or just a plugged hole .

5. twankowski

twankowski Member

I sold these new in the early- and mid-90s. Four-wheel disc Bendix ABS was a stand-alone option across the line, from the base model all the way up. Rear drum brakes = no ABS. Will also have amber ((ABS)) warning lamp illuminate on the dash at startup.