AF: 1995 Cirrus LXI with erratic idle and bogging acceleration | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 Cirrus LXI with erratic idle and bogging acceleration

Discussion in '1995-2017 FWD Sedans, Coupes' started by sgtmyers88, Mar 11, 2014.

1. My_cirrus_family

Hi. New to this forum. Have had many chysler products over the years...1st gen neons and cirrus's. My latest 95 cirrus has a quark...has dead tach and goes into limp mode when started sometimes. Run it a while till tach come back and restart then limp mode goes away. Seems electrical to me. Where does one start to look?
    What would keep the tach from working and allow the engine to run fine? Engine doesn't sputter at all. Any help would be appreciated...after 25 years I think I can get a classic license, be nice to keep. Thanks

My 2000 cirrus is a joy the whole way...no quarks for it yet with 95k miles. Still a little nervous about having a 20 year old car. Got it from copart a few months back.

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. The early Mitsubishi 2.5L V6 could have possible distributor issues. Many times it did not set a fault code or turn on the 'ck eng' light when it was failing. Tach signal comes from the distributor.
    I still have the '98 Sebring JX convertible. It is getting a little ratty, but still a fun car to drive and runs well.
    I purchased a '16 200 S AWD last year for a daily driver and really enjoy this size Chrysler. Feels almost like an Alfa-Romeo. Better comfort, power, traction and fuel economy than the Caliber it replaced.