Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 cirrus front lower control arm bolt and nut retainer bracket

Discussion in '200, Avenger/Sebring, Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze' started by genso, Jun 25, 2017.

1. genso

genso New Member

I am replacing front struts and all front ball joints and new upper and lower control arms on this car but when I tried removing the front passenger side lower control joint the bottom front bolt was frozen. after spraying with oil and breaking it loose it would only turn a few rounds and wouldn't budge any more and the nut retaining bracket broke off. I had to cut the bolt off to get it out. I have searched the web and local auto parts stores but nobody has it or the grade 8 1/2 x 4 inch bolt. Has anyone else had this happen? If so where did you find a replacement or what did you do? I sure hope someone can help me with this problem...

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. The front lower control arm bushing bolt is a metric M14x2x100mm. I see a Mopar part # of 6505029AA.
    You may want to use the Mopar bolt instead of a generic bolt because of the increased diameter of the shank under the bolt head (a stepped shoulder) used to locate and center the bolt in the crossmember bolt hole. It is a special bolt.

The 99 JA parts catalog shows it as item 34 in figure 2-120. (Is this the bolt you need?)
    The flange nut behind it is item 32 in the illustration. It is Mopar # 6503349.
    You may also want to replace the front sway bar bushings and links while you are servicing the lower control arms.

You can Google the "Mopar part #" to locate online sources or visit your friendly, local dealer. They may stock it or can get one in a day or two.

See parts catalog here:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD3/97-01/99JA.pdf

3. pt006

pt006 Active Member

A 1/2" x 4" long grade 8 is a standard bolt size that can be found in tractor or truck or good hardware stores. Check that it is or is not metric. Like 12 MM. Dealer might have it or order it for you.

OOPS, too late.

4. genso

genso New Member

very informative indeed. I emailed the company to be sure they really had it in stock...I have previously found the retainer nut but they all said it was discontinued and unavailable....except for one fellow and he had it but is pricing it at $44.00......the email question has not yet been answered so I am still waiting for a reply...again, thanks.